Available for Interviews: Nadine Levitt
Nadine Levitt is an education advocate, speaker, and the CEO & Founder of WURRLYedu, an educational technology platform. Nadine specializes in the social-emotional curriculum (SEL), and she is also the author of the children’s book, My Mama Says Inside Me Lives a Village. New for 2022, Levitt has launched a new professional development resource for teachers called PD Reimagined.
What Nadine Levitt can say in an interview about
Supporting Our Teachers This School Year:
What if we celebrated teachers, inspired them, and continued to fuel that inspiration throughout the year? Nadine can talk about what people can do in their hometown. She created online inspiration / learning that schools can provide to teachers. Parents can also chip in and gift it to teachers… so they’ll. have a gift that lasts all year long.
- What if we put teachers’ mental health and wellness first, and powered up their own learning with genuine curiosity? Nadine can talk about why this is important and how we can achieve it.
- How to connect them to a supportive community who have a shared sense of purpose
- How to help them to amplify the many wins and celebrate and inspire all over again!
- Education Expert / Creator of PD Reimagined (An online program to keep teachers inspired throughout the year)
- Short explainer video: (Run time: Just over 1 min)
Why PD Reimagined: (Run time: Just over 3 min)
PD Reimagined is born out of Nadine Levitt’s blog series Mind Your Business Ed!, in which she sat down with some of the best minds in business, sports, and entertainment. There, she realized that the drivers of success in each sector are completely transferable to education.
Having spent almost a decade in education, as an advocate, service provider, board member, teacher, trainer, curriculum writer, policy roundtable member, and parent, she saw the exhaustion levels rising at every level. She also witnessed the negative momentum this had on the wellbeing and job satisfaction of teachers (and school leaders), and also on academic outcomes for students.
With PD Reimagined, she wants to invite those same thought leaders into the world of education, with the aim of interrupting this momentum through inspiration, celebration, and support for our teachers!
The Reality of the teaching profession today:
- Teachers are exhausted and feeling overwhelmed. The added pressures that Covid brought only exacerbated the reality that most teachers are stressed, feel unsupported, and under-appreciated (2021 State of the U.S. Teacher Survey published by RAND).
- If the goal of schools is to inspire kids to be lifelong learners then we have to start by inspiring teachers!
- We know that kids cannot succeed unless they believe that they can and will succeed, and neither can teachers! But no one can tap into inspiration when they are pouring from an empty cup.
- We are stuck in a vicious cycle that is destroying our education system: It is indisputable that teachers’ outlook (including their wellness, mental health, and job satisfaction) affects student outcomes. And so as academic performance declines, a blame game begins—with parents and media, and school leaders blaming the teachers for not doing a good job, and this only further declines their job satisfaction, stress, outlook, and so forth.
- Unsurprisingly, more teachers than ever are considering leaving the profession. (54% of teachers said they were somewhat likely or “very likely” to leave the teaching profession, according to EdWeek Research Center which surveyed approximately 700 teachers and 300 school leaders online in March 2021).
- PD Reimagined is an exciting new professional membership for educators, designed to celebrate and inspire educators! It combines subscription boxes, exclusive intimate retreats with world-class thought leaders, and peer groups for reflection, planning, and support.
At PD Reimagined teachers appreciate:
- Full School year support of continuous training that is inspired, active and effective!
- Exclusive monthly inspiration boxes to keep teachers inspired, excited, and engaged
- Monthly virtual summits to inspire innovation and action
- Collaborative peer working groups for reflection, and support
- Micro-credentials built into the course
- Access to teacher appreciation discounts and experiences
- Measurable impact!
Interview: Nadine Levitt
Nadine Levitt is a Swiss-born, German, Kiwi, and American thought leader, speaker, and author who is passionate about education, especially focusing on child emotional wellness, social, and emotional skill development using the Arts, and EdTech.
In 2015 she founded the technology company WURRLY, which also makes WURRLYedu—a leading music education solution being used in schools across 22 states. Nadine has authored two children´s books for social and emotional learning (Inside Me Lives a Village and Inside Me Lives a Superhero), initially developed as a tool to use with her own kids, to help them develop positive self-awareness, self-regulation skills, confidence, empathy, creativity, and self-expression. This quickly grew into a school program, with the development of a supporting curriculum and classroom resources, and toys and other children’s products that foster a healthy relationship with emotions.
In 2022, Levitt launched PD Reimagined, an exciting new professional membership for educators, designed to celebrate and inspire educators! It combines subscription boxes, exclusive intimate retreats with world-class thought leaders, and peer groups for reflection, planning, and support.
As an education thought leader, Nadine Levitt gives keynote speeches around the world on the subjects of music education, social and emotional learning, and technology in classrooms.
Director of Public Relations
Success In Media, Inc.