If it’s not one Thing, it’s your Mother…
“Incredible Discovery by a Father for the Best Mother’s Day Ever”
Dr. Rick Goodman, a single father and author of “The Solutions Oriented Leader” unplugged from technology for 24 days and took his then 16-year-old daughter on vacation as an experiment – to “unplug” and reconnect without technology interruptions.
Dr Rick Goodman can say:
- In the United States, 79% of the people ages 18 to 44 have their smart phones with them 22 hours a day.
- Among 18 to 24-year-olds, 89% reach for their phone within 15 minutes of waking, 74% reach for it immediately after waking and 54% reach for it immediately and use it as an alarm clock.
- That means we’re becoming more disconnected than ever before with our children, and statistics indicate this will increase by 10% each year over the next two years.
- The result of this unplugging was a deeper connection with his daughter that was absent before the trip
- Dr. Rick’s experiment is chronicled in “Jamie’s Journey – Travels with My Dad” and “The Solutions Oriented Leader” which was #1 on Amazon Kindle in Business Leadership/ Business Management & Business Teams when it was released on April 16,2019.
What people are asking Dr. Rick:
- How did you get your teenager to commit to not using her phone?
- What was the most difficult part of the challenge?
- How can parents better engage their children in this age of technology overload
- If I don’t have the means to take my family on a trip how can I get them to participate?
Mother’s Day is all about Moms! They have a to-do list that’s a mile-long. If it’s not one thing it’s another… packing school lunches for kids… paying bills… reminding the kids to put down their smart phones and do their homework… making dinner, and the list goes on!
Dr. Rick says “the best gift we can give mothers on their special day is to unplug from technology and give them our undivided attention and love. We all want to connect on a deeper level with our loved ones, and the mothers of the world have always led the way.
Now it’s our time to show Mom our appreciation for everything they do by unplugging from technology and connecting with them on their special day!”
- Dr. Rick Featured in The Philippines: https://youtu.be/Ozzcs9GFNH0
- KMOV TV Great Day St. Louis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9JbMNfcIss
- NBC 6 Miami: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AWXwR1akjE&t=186s
- WFLA News Channel 8 Tampa: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzL8ObJexJM
- Dr. Rick Goodman Bio link: http://www.rickgoodman.com/meeting-planners/dr-ricks-bio/
To arrange an interview with Dr. Rick Goodman contact:
Reach Dr. Rick Goodman Directly:
Rachel M. Anderson