Available for Interviews: Dr. Jason Deitch
Jason Deitch, is a Doctor of Chiropractic, author, international speaker, and social media expert. He speaks on health & wellness trends and the role of chiropractic care in family wellness. He is also the best-selling author of Discover Wellness: How Staying Healthy Can Make You Rich.
What Dr. Deitch can say in an interview on Text Neck:
- “Text neck” has become a modern problem due to the rise in use in computers, laptops, and handheld devices—especially smartphones. Millions of children are walking around and looking down at their smartphones for far too long, becoming victims of text neck.
- The increase in the use of computers in school and access to smartphones (even at school) has led to a lifestyle of teens looking down. This is becoming a danger to their health & well-being.
- The kids of today lead a less active, more sedentary lifestyle now. These children are hunched over more than any previous generation. Chronic hunching leads to poor posture that can have a long-term, systemic impact.
Smart Phone Solutions
- One simple solution to this problem would be setting time limits, so that text neck can be prevented in the first place.
- Other tips include holding the phone up higher, putting computer monitors on books or something else sturdy (to raise the level of the screen), standing up each hour and looking at the horizon, etc.
- There are good tips on improving posture and avoiding text neck, as well as specific strength and stretching exercises for the back and neck that can minimize the effects of text neck.
In the news
“Many parents have been paying close attention to the mental impacts virtual learning and screen time have on their kids, but the physical detriments are sometimes overlooked.” (Pia Araneta, MSN, 6/26/21)
“Young people are growing horns. . . Phone use is to blame. (Washington Post, 6/20/19)
Interview: Jason Deitch
Jason Deitch, is a Doctor of Chiropractic, author, and international speaker. He speaks on health & wellness trends and the role of chiropractic care in family wellness. He is also the best-selling author of Discover Wellness: How Staying Healthy Can Make You Rich. Dr. Deitch is also a social media expert and Founder / Creator of LookUP America. He regularly appears in the media to discuss health care trends and their impact on social media.
Director of Public Relations
Success in Media, Inc.