Available for Interviews: Dr. Franchell Hamilton
Dr. Franchell Hamilton, MD, FACS, FASMBS, FOMA is the Founder of NeuroSwitch™ Weigh Loss–a place for people to receive treatments ranging from bariatric surgery and medical weight loss to hormone therapy. Dr. Hamiltion is also the author of two books, Transformation Is a Mindset: The Journey to Changing Your Input and Your World and And the Best Diet Is . . . .
What Dr. Hamilton could say on
Medications and Weight Loss:
- People don’t know what the best weight loss medication is for them (and providers disagree on what is best. What do we need to know when it comes to medications and weight loss?
- People see an ad for Fat Burn medication and just buy it. It may not work for them and they just buy it. Effectiveness differs due to your history, body type, hormones, etc. This is really why you have to include your doctor.
- Do these medications really work? Over-the-counter ones . . . no. What often is working . . . everything else they are doing. Decrease in calories, lifestyle changes. People make these changes because they are motivated by the medication. It’s often a placebo effect.
- What are the best weight loss medications currently? There are 2 FDA-approved medications that are showing promising long-term weight loss: Qysmia and GLP-1.
- Why do weight-loss medications work for some and not others? Lifestyle plays a big role, genetics, and the patient’s inherent eating habits (emotional eating, cravings vs. increased appetite.) An emotional eater should be on a different medication than someone who has an increased appetite.
- Talk to your provider to find out what kind of eater you are and what medication would make the biggest difference.
Interview: Dr. Franchell Hamilton
Dr. Hamilton is a Triads Award-Winning, Board Certified Surgeon, who gave up operating on the stomach to operating on the mind to treat chronic conditions such as obesity and diabetes. She is the author of two books, Transformation is a mindset: The Journey to Changing Your Input and Your World and And the Best Diet is . . . , and now educates other providers around the world on what she discovered in her practice through her master class.
Dr. Hamilton is passionate about helping to change the lives of those she meets through practicing medicine and consulting. As a once practicing bariatric surgeon, Dr. Hamilton has firsthand experience addressing the challenges and pain points of patients being treated for cardiometabolic diseases. She founded NeuroSwitch™ Weigh Loss—a place for her patients to receive treatments ranging from bariatric surgery and medical weight loss to hormone therapy.
Dr. Hamilton is a podcast host on Your Health Transformed that discusses a variety of popular and innovative health topics to challenge our current way of thinking about medicine.
Director of Public Relations
Success In Media, Inc.