Available for Interviews: Dr. Franchell Hamilton
Dr. Franchell Hamilton, MD, FACS, FASMBS, FOMA is the Founder of NeuroSwitch™ Weigh Loss–a place for people to receive treatments ranging from bariatric surgery and medical weight loss to hormone therapy. Dr. Hamiltion is also the author of two books, Transformation Is a Mindset: The Journey to Changing Your Input and Your World and And the Best Diet Is . . . .
What Dr. Hamilton could say on
COVID and Weight Gain:
1) Covid showed us our health weaknesses.
Will we address them post-COVID? Probably not.
- The US takes up 4% of the global healthcare expenditure but compromised 25% of the total covid deaths, revealing just how sick many Americans are.
- The lack of access for patients during covid showed the flaws in the fee-for-service healthcare system.
- The pandemic also revealed the health disparities among certain groups in our country and that socioeconomic factors play a role in health status.
- We need to consider public health care for better treatment of chronic diseases.
- We need to improve access to health care with ongoing telemedicine.