Available for Interviews: Dr. Karen Doll
Karen Doll, PsyD, is a licensed psychologist, professional coach, and the author of the forthcoming book, Building Psychological Fitness: How High Performers Achieve With Ease.
What Dr. Doll can say in an interview on
Stress and How to Alleviate Symptoms:
- The stress response is a physiological reaction that occurs in the nervous system in response to a perceived threat. It is commonly referred to as the “fight-or-flight” response.
- In simple terms, when the brain senses a potential threat in the environment, it triggers an activation response which has developed as a survival mechanism. It sets off a series of physiological and hormonal changes in the body to prepare us to respond to the stressor.
- This response pattern is automatic and happens in seconds. Sometimes the fear reaction we experience is not right-sized to the situation. For example, it is common for people to experience extreme anxiety before public speaking, yet they are not truly in danger or facing something life-threatening.
- The body can overreact to stressors, exacerbating the intensity of the cycle.
- Chronic activation of the stress response cycle leads to physical and mental health impairment.
- Ways to counter the impact of chronic stress: physical exercise, social connection, meditation, breathing, sensory interventions, restoring calm, prayer, yoga, rest, recovery, replenishment.
Interview: Dr. Karen Doll
Karen Doll, PsyD, is a Licensed Psychologist, Consultant, and author of Building Psychological Fitness (forthcoming November, 2021). She has spent nearly 25 years partnering with industry-leading organizations and coaching high-achieving professionals; she is motivated by a desire to help people thrive, enhance well-being, and optimize leadership skills at every phase, from burgeoning new entrants to accomplished senior leaders. Throughout her career, she has remained committed to mental health awareness and advocacy.
Director of Public Relations
Success In Media, Inc.