Available for Interviews: Dr. James Kelly
James R. Kelly, MD, is a comprehensive ophthalmologist offering a wide variety of procedures in the NYC and Long Island areas. He is extraordinarily specialized and provides personalized, one-on-one care for his patients.
What James Kelly can say in an interview about
The Future of Bionic or Robo Eyes in Humans:
- A pair of bionic eyes recently gave sharp sight to sheep.
- Could humans be next? Tests are being done.
- A team of scientists from Australia recently gave a flock of sheep “exceptionally sharp eyesight” using bionic eyes that were surgically implanted behind their retinas.
- The results were so positive that researchers from the University of Sydney and the University of New South Wales claim to have filed paperwork to begin human trials soon.
- Officially called “Phoenix 99,” the device wirelessly transmits a camera feed from a tiny camera attached to a pair of sunglasses in the form of electric signals directly to the retinas, Futurism reported. Once processed by the optical nerve, these signals are sent to the brain.
- Such tech is extremely expensive—some can cost as high as $100,000. Even then, it is still in its nascent stage. But over the next few decades, such tech is expected to make great strides and could bring relief to millions of people around the world.
- Read the full Futurism article here:
Bionic Eyes Give Sheep Sight, Heading to Humans Next
Interview: Dr. James Kelly
James R. Kelly, MD is an eye specialist serving the NYC and Long Island area. He is an ophthalmologist, with refractive surgery as his subspecialty. He is certified in all aspects of refractive surgery, which allows him to offer patients a full repertoire of surgical and non-surgical options to get the best solution for their visual needs.
Dr. Kelly is a board-certified laser eye surgeon and a diplomate of the American Board of Ophthalmology.
Dr. Kelly has also been honored as a Top Doctor in New York. His work has been featured in Newsday, Daily News, New York Post, and on numerous radio stations including POWER105, Z100, WKTU, K98.3, WALK, LITE-FM, and KROCK (The Howard Stern Show).
Director of Public Relations
Success In Media, Inc.