The latest guidelines are still controversial. Many women are still following the old guidelines.
What Dr. Mimi Secor Can Say in an interview:
- It is very important to get your doctor to explain the not so new guidelines (2012) that are still controversial (Switching to every 5 years at 30… women are still freaked out about it.) If the doctor doesn’t know about the new guidelines, you may need a new doctor.
- We need to trust the science as doctors and be able to explain it.
- The future looks like we will have guidelines to NOT do pap smears in the future and just HPV testing. It’s been proposed by the U.S. … task force just not rolled out yet.
- The vaccination is SO misunderstood and SO effective.
- Not enough young kids are getting it and we have a very vulnerable group.
- HPV prevents oral, cervical, anal – 60% of oral cancer is related to HPV (throat).
Available for Interviews: Dr. Mimi Secor
Dr. Mimi Secor is a popular National Speaker and Consultant, educating advanced practice clinicians and consumers around the country and the world. She is the author of the book, Debut a New You: Transforming Your Life at Any Age.
PR Managing Editor
Success In Media, Inc.