Interview Phil Crowley.
Philip P. Crowley, is a dedicated attorney who has been handling legal matters for pharmaceutical, biomedical, medical devices, information technology and other technology companies for over 30 years. He has also spent nearly 25 years on the board of trustees of the Stevens Institute of Technology, with substantial involvement in the oversight of academic innovation and entrepreneurship.
What Phil Crowley Can Say on This Topic:
- If you think your industry is immune . . . you’re wrong.
- Every year there are more and more robots taking traditional jobs.
- The capability is there to have a bot write a news article about this topic. It’s already a wordpress plug-in for websites. But… will it be as good as a human? Algorithms fall short.
- The fear of being overtaken by technology has occurred many times in the history of human development.
- During the Industrial Revolution, skilled craft makers rebelled against the machines building products thinking they would be out of work. They would often sabotage the machines. But .. in the end, the industrial revolution created more jobs for them and others that provided better products at lower cost to the benefit of the societies that they operated.
- The question will be one of developing different skills to interact productively with the robots.
- the challenge is for us to develop the worker capabilities and the will to make those adjustments.
- Thankfully . . . It will be a long time before information technology has the capacity and the power to incorporate all the skills and judgement that a professional has. There is still a place for humans. We will just SHIFT to
- Those for whom learning is a life-long experience… will be fine. Those who give up will be left behind.
- There are also ethical and moral questions here that we need to explore as well.
Available for Interviews: Phil Crowley.
Philip P. Crowley is an attorney for over 30 years who is passionate about helping grow technology companies seize opportunities and avoid expensive legal mistakes as they make ideas come to fruition. Mr. Crowley has also spent nearly 25 years on the board of trustees of the Stevens Institute of Technology, with substantial involvement in the oversight of academic innovation and entrepreneurship. He is the Managing Partner at the Law Office of Philip P. Crowley, LLC. Visit Phil Crowley on the web at www.CrowleyLawLLC.com
Director of Public Relations
Success in Media, Inc.