Available for Interviews: Dr. Mimi Secor
Dr. Mimi Secor DNP, FNP-BC, FAANP, FAAN, is a board-certified Nurse Practitioner specializing in Women’s Health for over 40 years. She is a sought-after national speaker and consultant, has been featured in numerous local and national media outlets, and is the #1 international bestselling author of Debut a New You: Transforming Your Life At Any Age.
What Dr. Mimi Secor Can Say in an Interview
About How to Incorporate More Exercise Into Daily Life:
Make exercise a daily routine. Remember: the habit of exercising is more important than the intensity of the activity. Healthy choices add up to a lifetime of good health and wellness! Here are 10 simple traditional routines that you adjust to add more exercise into your everyday personal and work schedule:
- Don’t just save the stepper for the gym! Take the stairs at work (and anytime you have the option to take the stairs versus an elevator).
2. Walk as much as possible to do your errands. Park farther away from stores and walk. Bonus: You’ll get to be outside in the fresh air more.
3. Instead of shopping online, shop at physical stores in your area. You’d be surprised how those steps add up when you take to the streets instead of your computer while shopping.
4. Walk your dog, or walk with a friend before, during lunch, or after work. Making walking a routine in your everyday life will really have a positive effect on your life.
5. Exercise while you watch TV or read at home. Put those chips down! Mindless exercise is better than watching TV mindlessly.
6. Short “bouts” of exercise add up by contributing to the overall total tally of daily exercise. (New studies now support exercise even in less than 10 min bouts).
7. Schedule times to exercise. Use a calendar or smartphone that can help remind you to incorporate your fitness goals into your daily life.
8. Track your exercise. Because most people are competitive, tracking your exercise can provide motivation to exercise even more. Fitbits and technology like it can make walking more enjoyable.
9. Meet with a friend for a walk rather than to share a meal. Why do we surround ourselves with people and food all the time? Be more creative and instead, choose an activity that you both like and do it together.
10. Hold walking meetings at work or even with loved ones to discuss matters that you would otherwise have while sitting.
Remember to choose an exercise you enjoy. While many people find walking easy and enjoyable, you may wish to incorporate other forms of exercise in you lie, like dancing, playing tennis, yoga, pilates, etc. When we choose activities that we like, exercise doesn’t feel like work. It feels like play!
Interview: Dr. Mimi Secor
Dr. Mimi Secor, DNP, FNP-BC, FAANP, FAAN, is a board-certified Family Nurse Practitioner specializing in Women’s Health for 40+ years and more recently, Health and Fitness. She is a popular National Speaker and Consultant, educating advanced practice clinicians and consumers around the country and the world. Dr. Secor and her daughter, Pro Body Builder and Health Coach, “Coach Kat,” run a business helping stressed-out professionals become healthier, more confident, and successful. She is also the bestselling author of Debut a New You: Transforming Your Life at Any Age. Dr. Mimi Secor serves the Boston area and travels extensively around the country to help educate and motivate others on how to actualize health and wellness goals.
Director of Public Relations
Success In Media, Inc.