Interview: Dr. Mimi Secor.
Dr. Mimi Secor is Nurse Practitioner from the Boston area. She has been specializing in Women’s Health for over 40 years now, is a national speaker and consultant, and is an international bestselling author of Debut a New You: Transforming Your Life At Any Age.
What Dr. Mimi Secor Can Say in an Interview
About Self-Care During the Pandemic:
- For many, the silver lining (and for some the curse) in this pandemic is having extra time for self-reflection.
- Despite many of my speaking events being cancelled I’ve been very busy teaching online. Yes, Zoom is my friend. But even as busy as I have been, I’ve found myself with more time than usual on my hands.
Continue reading “Pandemic Self-Care: Striving to Thrive in Tumultuous Times”
Spring is here and this is a popular time of year when people start their diets again, in the endless aim to lose—and try to keep off—those extra pounds. Such blind positivism! We all know that diets don’t work are not the solution for any positive, long-term results. Read on for some practical tips from a prominent nurse practitioner who is a health and fitness advocate. . . .
Here are a few things Dr. Secor could say in an interview:
- First: Stop dieting! This is about a healthy nutritional plan. You shouldn’t feel deprived. Doing so will only be a temporary fix that will ultimately fail in the long run.
Continue reading “How to End Yo-Yo Dieting”
Interview Dr. Mimi Secor
Dr. Mimi Secor can discuss in depth on how to manage depression with proper attention to lifestyle adjustments. Combined with medication, research has proved promising in managing depression more effectively.
Talking Points from Dr. Mimi Secor
on the Lifestyle Effects on Depression:
Lifestyle Effects on Depression
Available for Interviews: Dr. Mimi Secor
Dr. Mimi Secor DNP, FNP-BC, FAANP, FAAN, is a board-certified Nurse Practitioner specializing in Women’s Health for over 40 years. She is a sought-after national speaker and consultant, has been featured in numerous local and national media outlets, and is the #1 international bestselling author of Debut a New You: Transforming Your Life At Any Age.
What Dr. Mimi Secor can say in an interview on
some common exercise and weight loss myths:
There are a lot of common myths out there that we all tend to hold as true. This interview will explore these and go deep into offering real, tangible ways to exercise and eat right to achieve your weight loss goals.
- MYTH: “You can easily lose weight exercising.” Most people think they can exercise to lose weight. Unfortunately, it is difficult to burn off that many calories, so diet is also usually a necessary component.
- MYTH: “You CAN out-exercise an unhealthy diet.” Many people think they can do hours of cardio exercise and effectively lose weight. Contrary to popular myth, you can NOT out-exercise an unhealthy diet. Continue reading “Overcoming Exercise Myths to Lose Weight & Transform Your Life”
Interview: Dr. Donna Perillo.
Dr. Donna Perillo, DC, CNS, NMD; creator of “Arthriticise for Low Back and Neck Pain,” “Decrease Stress and Anxiety in 21 Days,” the “Habits of Healing” podcast—and now, author of Unstoppable Women Over 50: Rekindle Your Passion, Health, and Vitality.
The following article has been featured on
websites inlcuding NBC, CBS, ABS, and FOX:
Women over 50 are UNSTOPPABLE! At least they can be. The truth is, life after 50 is where life really begins. It’s where we can experience the most joy, and love, and passion, and . . . leave a legacy! “Unstoppable Women over 50” can help you unlock your passion, dreams, and desires. One of the secrets is to stop listening to the lies the world is telling us. There is an old narrative and archaic dogma that the media and marketers and traditions tell us . . . that life is over, and you should retire! But not the Unstoppable Women.
Continue reading “Unstoppable Women Over 50: Rekindle Your Passion, Health, and Vitatality”