Available for Interviews: Raphael Velazquez
Raphael Velazquez, NSCA CSCS, is the founder of VELA, and is a certified strength and conditioning specialist, celebrity trainer, and body transformation expert. He is also the author of Core Fitness: Your Best Shape, Looking and Feeling Great.
What Raphael Velazquez can say in an interview on
5 Great WFH Exercises:
1. Side of neck stretch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=–DTnGg_sOQ / This is a great stretch for a muscle called the scalenes. This stretch will help those that feel pain in their wrists (carpal tunnel syndrome), issues with the shoulder, arm wrist & finger. Perform for 30 seconds per side.
2. Steeple: https://youtu.be/24fsivRTZJo / This stretch is excellent for the spine. We are looking to combat the slouching (the back hump) that is happening while working on your chair. It separates T6 and T7. Perform for 30 seconds per side. Do it in the morning, during work & before going to bed.
3. Y-T-W: https://youtu.be/i3V3I28eXcE | This exercise is great to strengthen your upper back muscles after performing the steeple. It’ll improve your posture.
4. Split squats: https://youtu.be/yFrKBkCvpw0 | This exercise is great to strengthen your legs individually. Looking to create symmetry with the body is important to decrease the risk of injury. To combat all the sitting you’re doing, place an emphasis on strengthening your legs.
5. Long lever glute bridges:https://youtu.be/mYH_VihfwLE | This exercise works on the hamstrings and glutes. With the prolonged bouts of sitting, the tension goes towards our lower back due to the glute not being in a position to contract because it’s not being tested by any external force. To combat all that sitting, strengthen your hamstrings & glutes by performing these.
Interview: Raphael Velazquez
Raphael Velazquez, NSCA CSCS, is the founder of VELA, and is a certified strength and conditioning specialist, celebrity trainer, and body transformation expert. He has built an unparalleled rapport within the fitness and entertainment industry. With years of experience in sculpting and transforming physiques and minds, Raphael formulates and implements techniques catered to the specific goals and needs of each of his clients. Best known for his work in strength and conditioning, Raphael possesses the expertise and professionalism needed to successfully meet demands and sculpt bodies and minds, while coaching his clients to fully embody their best lives. Raphael’s style is evident in the results you see in his clients, his physique is equally important. Recently featured in the Equinox “Impossible Happens” campaign, Miami Swim Week, New York Fashion Week, and Good Morning America with Brooke Burke.
Raphael also has a B.S. in exercise physiology, and in addition to training celebrities, entrepreneurs, and everyday people, he is a motivational speaker, a passionate advocate for the youth being a member of Mastermind Connect, and is devoted to serving others along their journey.
Raphael comes from a Dominican household. As a first-generation American, Raphael looks to be an example to inspire other first-generation Americans to go for their dreams and make them a reality based on one’s circumstances, resources, resiliency, creativity & grit.
Director of Public Relations
Success In Media, Inc.