Available for Interviews: Saundra Dalton-Smith, MD
Dr. Saundra Dalton-Smith is an internal medicine physician, a work-life integration researcher, and an international expert on mind-body-spirit connection. She is also an international speaker and bestselling author of Sacred Rest: Recover Your Life, Renew Your Energy, Restore Your Sanity.
What Dr. Dalton-Smith Can Say in an Interview on:
Traveling Tips During COVID:
Here are my recommendations for post-lockdown travel:
- Disposable masks. When traveling you will not have the time to properly clean cloth masks between uses, therefore it will be necessary to have an adequate supply of disposable masks to use while you are away. Many public locations require masks for entry.
- Travel-size antibacterial wipes. These are easier to pack than bottles of hand sanitizer and less likely to spill inside of your bag. They can be used to clean your hands when it is not possible to wash them—or even to wipe down surface areas like your airline tray table and armrest.
- Immune-supporting supplements. While it’s best to get your vitamins and minerals from healthy foods like fruits and vegetables, it can be hard to keep up your good nutrition when traveling. Keep your immune system healthy by making sure you get a little extra vitamin C and zinc while on the go through the use of high-quality supplements.
- Vaccination record. If you know you will be traveling in a few months, consider getting vaccinated prior to your travel date and allow time to get the full series of injections before your travel date.
- COVID test results. Some states have a mandatory quarantine restriction for all who enter their state. Before you travel, check to see if you can bypass this by either showing your vaccination record or by presenting a negative recent COVID test result.
Interview: Saundra Dalton-Smith, MD
Dr. Saundra Dalton-Smith runs a consulting and coaching business in Birmingham, AL that helps leaders and high-achievers reshape their view on change, communication, and self-care to optimize their personal and professional effectiveness. She is an international wellness expert and has been featured in numerous media outlets including Fast Company, FOX, MSNBC, Prevention, Psychology Today, Redbook, and Women’s Day. Dalton-Smith is also an international speaker, a CDC Wellness Series speaker, and hosts a podcast I Choose My Best Life. She is the author of numerous books including her newest bestselling Sacred Rest: Recover Your Life, Renew Your Energy, Restore Your Sanity, which includes ground-breaking insight on the seven types of rest needed to optimize your productivity, increase your overall happiness, overcome burnout, and live your best life. Over 100,000 people have discovered their personal rest deficits using her free assessment at RestQuiz.com. Learn more about her at: DrDaltonSmith.com.
Director of Public Relations
Success In Media, Inc.