Available for Interviews: Dr. Donna Perillo, DC, CNS, NMD; creator of “Arthriticise for Low Back and Neck Pain,” “Decrease Stress and Anxiety in 21 Days,” and the “Habits of Healing” podcast.
What Dr. Perillo Can Talk About
Concerning Gut Health:
- Chronic exposure to food allergens can produce digestive problems such as IBS, leaky gut, and surprisingly, sinus congestion and allergies
- Food allergens can also have a negative affect on the immune system. Common food allergens include: wheat, corn, soy, and chocolate
- Gut-associated lymphoid tissue (GALT) is the main part of mucosal-associated lymphoid tissue (MALT), which represents almost 70% of the entire immune system
- 80% of plasma cells [the majority being immunoglobulin A (IgA) exist in GALT.
- Alcohol consumption including wine increases gut permeability (leaky gut), which can cause inflammation
- A small amount of wine causes the stomach to secrete more acid which can create gastritis (inflammation of the stomach)
- Consuming fermented foods like yogurt and sauerkraut can help keep the gut healthy
- Probiotics and enzymes improve the microbiome (friendly bacteria that protect against disease-causing bacteria) and therefore the digestive system
Available for Interviews: Dr. Donna Perillo
Dr. Donna Perillo is DC, MS, NMD, CNS, is the owner and director of the Chiropractic Healing Center of NJ, a wellness center incorporating chiropractic, physical therapy, acupuncture, nutrition, and stress management. Her goal is to help her patients create a happy, healthy and vibrant lifestyle by addressing their physical, emotional, and nutritional needs. Here, she weighs in on a common, frustrating topic for caregiver and child alike—eating, and the often lack of variety in the diet of a child.
PR Managing Editor
Success In Media, Inc.