Available for Interviews: Dr. Eldred Taylor can talk about depression and offer alternative solutions to combat this common mental malady.
Why Are There So Many People Put on Antidepressants?
Have you ever wondered why there are so many people taking antidepressant medication? Dr. Eldred Taylor is an obstetrician-gynecologist, and a renowned leader on functional and anti-aging medicine. He has helped thousands of women on a multitude of wellness issues so they can lead happier, healthier lives. He is also an expert on hormones.
Here are a few talking points Dr. Eldred Taylor could say in an interview:
- Homeostasis is a dynamic balance between autonomic branches: Parasympathetic and Sympathetic.
- The problem occurs when the person is constantly on fight-or-flight, due to a family situation, job situation. The person starts to deplete the supply of the brain chemicals that allows his body to rest-and-digest.
- Parasympathetic is the rest-and-digest nervous system of the brain, while the Sympathetic is the fight-or-flight nervous system of the brain.
- The body’s No.1 goal is survival. When the body is low in Amino Acid, the body then will potentially make more fight-or-flight neurotransmitters of the brain chemicals.
- When the person is way in the Sympathetic drive mode, the person will feel anxious because of all that fight-or-flight and will start to feel depressed because they don’t have enough Parasympathetic nervous system activity. There are not enough neurotransmitters that would make the person feel good, relax, and get the person to sleep.
Available for Interviews: Dr. Eldred Taylor
Dr. Eldred Taylor , MD, is an expert in functional and anti-aging medicine and is President of the American Functional Medicine Association, a nonprofit which educates healthcare providers and the public on functional (wellness) medicine. He is the co-author of Are Your Hormones Making You Sick? and The Stress Connection. Dr. Taylor is also a sought-after radio and television personality who has been featured in local and national publications.
PR Managing Editor
Success In Media, Inc.