Interview Dr. Eric Nazarenko, DC, CACCP
Dr. Eric Nazarenko is chiropractor and functional nutritionist. He and his spouse, Dr. Andrea Nazarenko have a #1 international best-selling book on gut health, When Food Hurts: 4 Steps to a Gut-Happy Lifestyle.
Talking Points From Dr. Nazarenko on
Zinc and Its Health Benefits:
- Zinc’s rising popularity. Zinc seems to be growing in popularity—or at least is discussed more in the mainstream—likely because it is commonly found in foods and/or relatively inexpensive supplement to purchase, if needed. It is a natural mineral. Common foods with zinc include meat, shellfish, legumes, seed & nuts, and dairy. Because these are staples in many people’s diets, it’s natural to talk supplementation when one is missing (e.g., in the case of a vegan diet).
- What it does & benefits. Zinc is a natural mineral that our body needs for survival. There are numerous benefits of zinc. At a basic level, it is involved in the function of hundreds of enzymes and metabolic processes in your body—having both a direct and indirect effects on health (in fact, it plays a role in >300 different enzymes and >1000 transcription factors!). Primary functions of zinc include the metabolism of nutrients, the repair of cells and tissues, and immunity support. Zinc is also important for sensory organs—especially your sense of taste and smell—and fertility as well. These two articles may help you: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.
nih.gov/23493534/ https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih. gov/25260885/
- Infections and bolstering immunity. Zinc is beneficial for immune health. This is partly due to the antioxidant properties, which help reduce inflammation and therefore protect against chronic diseases. One study of older adults showed that zinc gluconate (taken over a year) reduced several markers of inflammation and reduced infection frequency. Another study shows that zinc may reduce common colds by up to 33% and could be considered in the treatment of common colds.
Visit us Through Social Media:
- Facebook: fb.com/treehouseliving
- Facebook Group: Empowered, Healthy Parents
- Twitter: @natural_gentle_life
Available for Interviews:
Dr. Eric Nazarenko DC, CACCP
Eric Nazarenko own Old Mill Chiropractic in Lexington, SC. Dr. Nazarenko is incredibly passionate about empowering each patient with the knowledge and resources to take control of their health and wellness. He is also the bestselling author of When Food Hurts: 4 Steps to a Gut-Happy Lifestyle. Overcome Food Sensitivities, Eczema, ADHD, Autism, Digestive Problems, Depression, Anxiety, Brain Fog, Fatigue, Autoimmunity and Chronic Disease.
PR Managing Editor
Success In Media, Inc.