Available for Interviews: Lauren Oschman
Lauren Oschman, CFP® is a certified financial planner specializing in financial strategies, tax planning, and is an expert in helping physicians manage their finances.
What Lauren Oschman can say in an interview on
As a financial planner, I see people make two main mistakes with HSA accounts and I see them frequently:
- Many healthy individuals do not fund an HSA beyond what their employer funds because they do not anticipate needing to cover medical expenses.
- Those who do fund an HSA often have their funds sitting in cash
- HSA funds are double tax-advantaged: contributions are pre-tax and withdrawals are tax-free at any time in the future for medical expenses (and we will all have medical expenses when we are elderly or be paying premiums for Medicare—which these funds can also be used for). Since part of your long-term savings is very likely for health care expenses, this can be a great account to start early and let work for you over time.
- Because the funds can be withdrawn tax-free, if you are saving the funds for the future then invest them! This will allow for tax-free growth that can also be put toward future health care expenses.
- Individuals can contribute up to $3600/year and a family can fund $7200/year.
Interview: Lauren Oschman
Lauren Oschman, CFP® is a financial advisor for some of the nation’s highest caliber physicians. She holds an economics degree from Vanderbilt University and completed her financial training at Emerson University. Along with these prestigious degrees, Oschman has over a decade of expertise in financial matters for high net worth individuals.
Oschman delivers financial education programs to medical residents & fellows nationwide (Vanderbilt, Dartmouth, Rush, OrthoCarolina and many others), has built a $1 million revenue financial planning business, and co-founded Vestia Personal Wealth Advisors, and is an expert in helping physicians attain their financial goals—and has a niche passion for working with high-caliber female surgeons, and volunteers as a CFP® WIN (Women’s Initiative) Advocate to raise awareness about the profession for young women.
Her decade-long experience as an accomplished financial advisor and executive has led to her being a sought-after speaker for financial workshops throughout Alabama, Georgia—and Tennessee, where she has happily resided with her husband and two young children.
Director of Public Relations
Success In Media, Inc.