Available for Interviews: Dr. Cleamon Moorer, Jr.
Cleamon Moorer, Jr., DBA, is President and CEO, American Advantage Home Care, Inc. His home healthcare agency has served thousands of patients all throughout Metro Detroit. He is also the bestselling author of From Failure to Promise: 360 Degrees.
What Dr. Moorer can say in an interview about
Funds Allocation to Home Health Care:
1. Gearing up the needed workforce to provide in-home companionship and health care services for the 74M seniors looming in 2030 is essential. A specific action item at the community college level would be the development of a home health care associate degree track.
2. A virtual set of ecosystems for senior and caregiver (HIPAA compliant) application developments to connect providers, EMRs, and family members is pertinent.
3. Tax-based incentives/credits for senior-friendly home upgrades (i.e. fall prevention, generator-power supply subsidies, access ramps) will encourage and promote comfort, safety, and infrastructure development at the household level.
4. Continued child-care support, tax credits, and subsidies to working caregivers to help to offset the wage disparity between skilled and unskilled care provisioning.
5. Support for NGOs, not-for-profit organizations, and for-profit (public-private) partnerships via HUD’s 100 Envision Center’s across America to reinforce the health and wellness pillar’s abilities to mobilize in-home outreach and care provisioning.
Interview: Dr. Cleamon Moorer, Jr.
Dr. Cleamon Moorer, Jr., holds a Doctorate of Business Administration and a post-grad Certificate in Excellence for Healthcare Professionals from Cornell University. He is President and CEO of American Advantage Home Care, Inc., which he and his spouse, Nicole C. Willis-Moorer, own and operate. Their agency has grown by 1000% over the last 18 months and provides home healthcare services to homebound patients in Detroit and beyond.
Dr. Moorer is a TEDx Speaker and has been recognized and featured locally and nationally as a healthcare business leader, former business school dean, entrepreneur, and community advocate on ABC, FOX, NBC, Black Enterprise Magazine, Crain’s Detroit Business, DBusiness Magazine, Michigan Chronicle, and Network Journal (NYC).
Moorer hosts a biweekly podcast, Home Health Care Today Show, in an effort to inform, inspire, influence, and educate listeners about a variety of health and wellness topics, and is also the bestselling author of From Failure to Promise: 360 Degrees, a memoir in which he chronicled his journey from college flunk-out—to engineer, consultant, business school dean, educator, philanthropist, and entrepreneur.
Director of Public Relations
Success in Media, Inc.