Available for Interviews: Dr. Kelly Waltman
Kelly Waltman, PhD, is the Founder and CEO of SLR Leadership Consultion, LLC. She is also the author of Elevate Connection: Cutivate and Engaged, Inspired, Productive and Profitable Team Culture.
What Dr. Kelly Waltman can say in an interview
on Elevating Connection in the Workplace:
- “Elevate Connection” is a call to action for leaders everywhere. It’s about understanding that connection is an essential component of success and three key areas where connection should be continuously cultivated.
- At the most basic level, “elevating connection” at work refers to elevating “connection” as a priority—recognizing the need to be intentional with fostering connection. It’s tempting for leaders to view connection and communication as things that are “nice to get to when we have time” and not view them as true priorities. It’s essential, however, that connection be elevated on the priority list and treated as a necessity, not a bonus.
- Beyond elevating connection as a priority, it’s also a call to improve connection in three key areas: team members connection to the organization’s mission and vision, team members connection with leadership, and team members connection with one another.
- We know that when people feel more connected to the purpose and mission of an organization and when they understand how their role fits into the bigger picture, they are more satisfied, motivated, and productive.
- We also know that when people feel psychologically safe within their team, and when they’ve cultivated a feedback culture where regularly giving and receiving feedback is a normal part of team dialogue, they are more engaged and inspired.
Some tips to get started:
- Make communication a priority, be intentional about putting time on the calendar for both 1:1 and team meetings and keep that time sacred.
- Review organization mission and vision statements, make sure they accurately reflect the “why” of the company, and work with team members to really see their connection to that “why.”
- Ask open-ended questions and genuinely check in with your team members.
- Start by requesting feedback and receiving it with grace.
Interview: Dr. Kelly Waltman
Kelly Waltman, PhD, is the Founder and CEO of SLR Leadership Consultion, LLC. She is also the author of Elevate Connection: Cutivate and Engaged, Inspired, Productive and Profitable Team Culture. Located in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, SLR Leadership Consulting offers individual- and team-based coaching and professional development services with an emphasis on workplace culture, communication, and getting comfortable with feedback.
With over twenty years of experience developing and delivering curricula, Dr. Waltman has a passion for helping individuals learn and grow. From the classroom to the boardroom, she has designed content for groups of all sizes. She also brings over a decade of managerial and leadership experience to her work—holding director-level positions with previous employers, and serving as a board member for local non-profit organizations.
In addition to her work with SLR Leadership Consulting, Dr. Waltman founded She Leads and Reads, a monthly book club and content curation site focused on personal and professional development books.
Director of Public Relations
Success In Media, Inc.