Dr. Mimi Secor stepped out of her comfort zone to get fit, and she wants to motivate others to do the same
Dr. Mimi Secor has a Doctorate in Nursing Practice, is a Nurse Practitioner and serves the Boston, MA area. She travels extensively and is available for live or remote interviews.
- Dr. Mimi, a certified nurse practitioner for over 40 years was pursuing her doctorate when she realized she had let her health take the backseat in her life and needed to make a drastic change.
- Symptoms that lead to Dr. Mimi’s transformation: weight gain, sleep loss, and anxiety.
- Dr. Mimi gets in shape on an exercise bicycle in her livingroom, lifting light weights—all the while working on her doctorate.
- Key strategies for training: increasing protein to 4 oz every three hours, keeping carbs to around 75 grams a day, drinking more water, keeping a precise food diary, and weighing and measuring everything she ate.
- Addressing and dealing with emotional challenges is also an integral component to overall fitness success in the long run.
- Dr. Mimi lost 40 pounds and 12 inches off her waistline.
- After just 2 1/2 years, Dr. Mimi was on stage at the Battle of the Godz in a bodybuilding competition in Providence, RI. There she competed in the Novice Over 40 Category–making her “Debut at 62—which has become her new tagline through her journey.
- Dr. Mimi can describe her experience in competing with women who were mostly 20 years younger than her.
- Dr. Secor and her daughter, Pro Body Builder and Health Coach, “Coach Kat,” run a business helping stressed out professionals become healthier, more confident and successful.
- Together Dr. Mimi and Coach Kat empower women by encouraging them to take better care of themselves, and to show them by example, that age is just a number.
- Advice to women: Be consistent! No matter what try to get a workout in every day, eat healthy, and get adequate sleep—even if you have to squeeze in a good nap now and again.
- Dr. Mimi’s experience is chronicled in her bestselling book: Debut a New You: Transforming Your Life at Any Age.
Available for Interviews: Dr. Mimi Secor
Dr. Mimi Secor is a popular National Speaker and Consultant, educating advanced practice clinicians and consumers around the country and the world. She is the author of the book, Debut a New You: Transforming Your Life at Any Age.
PR Managing Editor
Success In Media, Inc.