Available for Interviews: Dr. Karyn Eilber
Karyn Eilber, MD, is a board-certified urologist, an associate professor of urology & OB/GYN at Cedars-Sinai Hospital in Los Angeles, and is an expert in women’s health and men & women’s sexual wellness.
What Dr. Eilber Can Say about
Cannabis/CBD Benefits for Women:
CBD or cannabidiol is naturally found in hemp plants. CBD will not get one high, which is an advantage for people who wish to take it while at school or at work. Understanding CBD is the key to knowing how hemp oil supplements work and why this compound has captured the attention of the masses. The promise of CDB and its therapeutic effects is why so many people are trying it for so many different maladies.
Here are 6 benefits of incorporating cannabis/CBD in a woman’s life:
- Pain associated with common conditions including joint pain, muscle soreness, and even fibromyalgia has been shown to be relieved with CBD.
- CBD is naturally anti-inflammatory and has shown promise for autoimmune disorders such as Hashimoto’s disease, lupus, and even celiac disease.
- Cannabis has been shown to reduce involuntary bladder contractions so may be helpful with overactive bladder.
- CBD mimics the body’s own endocannabinoids so it could potentially help maintain the body’s homeostasis including hormonal balance.
- CBD can help with mood and anxiety—common symptoms associated with menopause.
- CBD is also naturally antimicrobial so great for things like an intimate lubricant.
- Cannabinoids can increase blood flow, which can help with arousal, and they can possibly also reduce pain associated with sex. Taken before sex, cannabis can help relaxation so that the moment can be enjoyed more, and studies have shown that using cannabis can increase desire, sexual satisfaction, and intensity of orgasm.
As with any supplements, always consult with your healthcare provider before introducing cannabis or CBD into your diet or health plan.
Interview: Dr. Karyn Eilber
Karyn Eilber, MD, is a board-certified urologist with sub-specialty board certification in Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery and has over 20 years of experience taking care of women’s most intimate needs. She is an Associate Professor of Urology and Obstetrics & Gynecology at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center and is the Associate Program Director for the Cedars-Sinai Urology Residency Training Program. Prior to joining Cedars-Sinai, Dr. Eilber served at the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center’s Urology Department, where she gained extensive experience in pelvic reconstruction following cancer treatment.
Dr. Eilber’s research focus has been in the field of urogynecology, and she has published multiple peer-reviewed manuscripts and book chapters. In addition to being a member and past president of the Los Angeles Urologic Society, Dr. Eilber is a member of the American Urological Association, the Society of Urodynamics, Female Pelvic Medicine & Urogenital reconstruction, the American Urogynecologic Society, and the Society of Women in Urology. She is also a Founding Medical Partner of Doctorpedia.
Dr. Eilber earned her bachelor’s degree in Biomedical Sciences from the University of California, Riverside, which was an accelerated 3-year premedical program that allowed her to matriculate into the University of California, Los Angeles School of Medicine (UCLA). She completed a general surgery internship, urology residency, and female pelvic medicine fellowship at UCLA.
Director of Public Relations
Success In Media, Inc.