Available for Interviews: Dr. Franchell Hamilton
Dr. Franchell Hamilton, MD, FACS, FASMBS, FOMA is the Founder of NeuroSwitch™ Weight Loss. Dr. Hamiltion is also the author of two books, Transformation Is a Mindset: The Journey to Changing Your Input and Your World and And the Best Diet Is . . . .
What Dr. Hamilton can say in an Interview on
The Quit Trying Dilemma:
What is causing the “quit trying dilemma/epidemic” in our diet culture?
Dr. Hamilton can explain.
- There is an area in our brain that kills our motivation called the habenula.
- The habenula has been activated by previous failures and the kill switch motivation and triggers an anti-rewarding pathway.*
- This has caused many people to stop trying diets or working out or give up on new year’s resolutions.
- If you don’t want to trigger the habenula, be curious, find things that are doable and enjoyable, and if something does not work, do not repeat it but make an adjustment.
- Understand the process and realize you need to keep switching to something else when one process isn’t working.
- Have a designer mindset. Tweak and try different things but never fail.
- Get out of the short-term headspace. . . it takes a long time.
- The Call to Action: to have a new mindset—a creative mindset—and be fueled by curiosity, not just motivation. Be able to design your healthier lifestyle to how it fits you; We need to understand that this takes time. It’s always a lifestyle change.
Where people can learn more about how to stop the regain and maintain weight loss:
Stop the Regain
Interview: Dr. Franchell Hamilton
Dr. Hamilton is a Triads Award-Winning, Board Certified Surgeon who gave up operating on the stomach to operating on the mind to treat chronic conditions such as obesity and diabetes. She is the author of two books, Transformation is a mindset: The Journey to Changing Your Input and Your World and And the Best Diet Is . . . , and now educates other providers around the world on what she discovered in her practice through her master class.
Dr. Hamilton is passionate about helping to change the lives of those she meets through practicing medicine and consulting. As a once-practicing bariatric surgeon, Dr. Hamilton has firsthand experience addressing the challenges and pain points of patients being treated for cardiometabolic diseases. She founded NeuroSwitch™ Weight Loss. Dr. Hamilton’s weight loss (better health) system reaches communities where they are and has changed the practice of medicine. In addressing the neuroscience behind weight regain, Dr. Hamilton was able to provide a treatment plan for each patient better that addresses not only their disease but also the root cause and methods to prevent it from recurring.
She also trains other providers using the NeuroSwitch program and how to implement it in their practice. She uses her book; Transformation is a Mind-Set, the journey to changing your input and your world, as a guide to help thousands struggling with unhealthy strongholds in their life find the root of the problem. In her book, she teaches how to change the brain and overcome.
Dr. Hamilton is also a podcast host on Your Health Transformed, which discusses a variety of popular and innovative health topics to challenge our current way of thinking about medicine.
Director of Public Relations
Success In Media, Inc.
*Abstract from the National Library of Medicine:
The habenula: from stress evasion
to value-based decision-making
-The Call to Action…