Available for Interviews: Dr. Michael Evangel
Dr. Michael S. Evangel, Chiropractic Physician, is the owner of the Chiropractic Wellness Center in Paramus, NJ. For over 30 years, his mission is to provide state-of-the-art, high-quality care to people of all ages.
What Dr. Mike Evangel could say on Issues and Statistics
Related to Balance and What We Can Do to Make Improvements:
- Balance issues are a major cause of falls and resulting injuries. These injuries are not only limited to the elderly, but the elderly are the most vulnerable.
- Over 9,000,000 falls occur each year in the United States resulting in 24% of ER visits.
- About 20% of falls result in serious injuries, such as fractures to the hip, wrist, arm, leg, and ankle, as well as head injuries.
- Falls accounted for more than $50 Billion of the $3 Trillion spent on Healthcare in 2015.
- As we age, our balance tends to worsen.
- Unfortunately, 29% of seniors who break a hip die within a year. That is according to research by the University of Maryland School of Medicine, commissioned by the Globe. That’s actually higher than the one-year post-stroke death rate.
- Chiropractic adjustments can improve balance through improved nervous system function, especially proprioception, which is the ability to be aware of the position and movement of the parts of the body.
Interview: Dr. Michael Evangel
Dr. Michael S. Evangel owner of Chiropractic Wellness Center. His practice specializes in treating a variety of conditions, from clinical nutrition to chronic low back and neck pain, to rehabilitation following an accident or injury. Other focuses include improving your diet, what supplements to take, avoiding toxins, creating a healthier workplace, and increasing the overall quality of your health. Dr. Evangel is a former science teacher with a master’s degree in environmental health.
Director of Public Relations
Success In Media, Inc.