Available for Interviews: Dr. Mimi Secor.
Dr. Mimi is a fitness and health advocate who is passionate about helping women to lose weight and feel great, and is the author of Healthy & Fit at Any Age: A Guide to Creating nutrition, exercise, and mindset habits for busy women!
The new year is here, a time when people start their diets again, with the endless aim to lose—and try to keep off—those extra pounds. Such blind positivism! We all know that diets don’t work are not the solution for any positive, long-term results. Read on for some practical tips from a prominent nurse practitioner who is a health and fitness advocate.
What Dr. Secor Can Say in an Interview on
Strategies to Losing Weight:
- First: Stop dieting! This is about a healthy nutritional plan. You shouldn’t feel deprived. Doing so will only be a temporary fix that will ultimately fail in the long run.
- Identify healthy foods you enjoy. When you make a list of the healthy foods that you like to eat and make sure they’re in the house or at work, you’ll be better able to make healthy choices—and not grab the easy, bad stuff.
- Analyze your mindset. When you do so, you can dial in what you INDIVIDUALLY need to do to implement positive change in your life. You will not have any sustainable changes until you deal with your mind’s gremlin—and all those mental triggers that keep coming up that sabotage your health plan.
- Commit to YOURSELF. It will only be temporary if you don’t. When you focus on yourself and your long-term goals for staying on track with your nutrition and fitness goals, you can better stick to them.
- Extreme Stress requires extreme self-care. You must ramp up your self-care, especially when you are stressed. People always think they need the right amount of time, but for example, even 1 minute is very valuable for meditating. Spend some time every day doing things that feed your heart and soul. (Listening to music, taking a warm bath, and watching positive TV will nourish the inner you. It will help you lose and maintain weight over time because you’re happy.) When we are less stressed, we do not tend to eat emotionally.
- The buddy system. Partner up with a friend who shares the same goals as you. The buddy system really works in helping to support and encourage one another.
Interviews: Dr. Mimi Secor
Dr. Mimi Secor, DNP, FNP-BC, FAANP, FAAN, is a Nurse Practitioner, Educator, and Health & Fitness Advocate specializing in Women’s Health for over 40 years. She is a sought-after national speaker and consultant who has been featured in numerous local and national media outlets and is still actively educating advanced practice clinicians and consumers worldwide. She is the author of the #1 International bestselling book, Debut a New You: Transforming Your Life at Any Age, and the newest title: Healthy & Fit at Any Age: A Guide to Creating nutrition, exercise, and mindset habits for busy women! is now available.
PR Managing Editor
Success In Media, Inc.