Spring is here and this is a popular time of year when people start their diets again, in the endless aim to lose—and try to keep off—those extra pounds. Such blind positivism! We all know that diets don’t work are not the solution for any positive, long-term results. Read on for some practical tips from a prominent nurse practitioner who is a health and fitness advocate. . . .
Here are a few things Dr. Secor could say in an interview:
- First: Stop dieting! This is about a healthy nutritional plan. You shouldn’t feel deprived. Doing so will only be a temporary fix that will ultimately fail in the long run.
Continue reading “How to End Yo-Yo Dieting in 2021”
Interview with Dr. Mimi Secor:
What Dr. Mimi Secor Could Say in an Interview:
- People see themselves as the only patient that day. They may comment as if they are writing a Yelp review and not take all factors into an equation. This isn’t a dinner reservation.
- We as clinicians are forced to see people quickly. Our payment is tied to this. Some doctors seem rushed. Unfortunately, they are. It is a problem with the system. Some do their best to work around that but will get paid less.
- Patients come in with expectations with what is wrong/ailing them and expectations for treatment. They trust themselves and the internet more than what the doctor might say.
- They think they can throw doctors under the bus with a review so they can get what they want.
Available for Interviews: Dr. Mimi Secor.
Dr. Mimi Secor, DNP, FNP-BC, FAANP, FAAN, is a Nurse Practitioner, Educator, Health/Fitness Advocate. She is also a popular National Speaker and Consultant, educating advanced practice clinicians and consumers around the country and the world. She is the author of the #1 International bestselling book, Debut a New You: Transforming Your Life at Any Age.
PR Managing Editor
Success In Media, Inc.
Dr. Secor has been a board certified Family Nurse Practitioner specializing in Women’s Health for over 40 years and here’s what she can say about women’s period pain:
Continue reading “Un-Talked-About Truth: Period Pain”