Available for Interviews: Dr. Alice Fong
Alice Fong, ND, is an integrative naturopathic doctor specializing in stress, integrative medicine, diet & weight loss, and is a business growth consultant for holistic healthcare providers.
What Dr. Alice Fong can say in an interview
About Stress & Anxiety’s Impact on the Body:
What happens to your body when you are stressed or anxious? Your sympathetic nervous system gets activated. This is also known as your “Fight or Flight” Response. When a stressor or “threat” is present the amygdala in the brain sends a cascade of signals that end up causing the adrenal glands to release adrenaline and cortisol. The purpose is to get a boost of energy to be able to fight or run.
When the “Fight or Flight” response is triggered,
what happens to your body is . . .
- Your heart races and you breathe faster.
- Your digestion slows down.
- Your pupils dilate, causing tunnel vision.
- You sweat.
- Your blood pressure, blood sugars, and fats increase in order to supply. the body with extra energy.
What happens if your body gets stuck in
“Fight or Flight Response” or “Stress Mode?”
Well…numerous studies have shown that prolonged stress can have a negative impact on a person’s physical health AND their mental and emotional wellbeing.
This is how it can affect your mind:
It can cause . . .
- Anxiety – always feeling unsettled and unable to relax.
- Depression – perhaps you feel resigned about life.
- Brain Fog – makes it hard to focus on important tasks.
- Worry & Fear – stops you from pursuing big goals and dreams.
- Anger & Irritability – making you not a fun person to be around.
This is how it can affect your body:
It can cause…
- Weight gain from overeating & poor dietary choices.
- Headaches & migraines.
- Decreased immune function → You get sick more frequently.
- Sleep disturbances.
- Digestive problems.
- Your blood pressure, blood sugars, and fats increase in order to supply the body with extra energy → can increases the risk of clots forming and traveling to the heart or brain → Heart Attack or Stroke!
HEART DISEASE IS THE
#1 KILLER IN THE WORLD!
Research shows that STRESS is a factor in 5 out of the 6 leading causes of death—heart disease, cancer, stroke, lower respiratory disease, and accidents. An estimated 75 to 90% of all doctor visits are for stress-related issues! So yes, chronic prolonged stress and anxiety can slowly kill you.
This is WHY we can’t wait to address our stress & anxiety LATER! We do not want it to progressively get worse where it makes our lives miserable and we suffer from negative health impacts that could kill us! Consider working with a therapist and/or naturopathic doctor to help get your stress and anxiety under control.
Interview: Dr. Alice Fong
Known as the “Virtual Stress Doc,” Alice Fong, ND, helps busy professionals break free from their stress and anxiety so that they can focus on what matters to them using a 5-step holistic approach. She is the founder and CEO of Amour de Soi Wellness, which offers one-on-one wellness programs, corporate wellness workshops, e-learning, and resilience training courses.
Director of Public Relations
Success In Media, Inc.