Dr. Mimi Secor has a Doctorate in Nursing Practice, is a board-certified Nurse Practitioner, and has specialized in Women’s Health for over 40 years. She is a popular National Speaker and Consultant, educating advanced practice clinicians and consumers around the country and the world.
6 ways to prevent Urinary Tract Infections
- Drink more water
- Urinate after sex
- Avoid bladder irritants such as alcohol, caffeine, carbonated water, citrus juices, artificial sweeteners
- Avoid warming or scented lubricants
- If post-menopausal, consider vaginal estrogen (estrogen receptors are in the urinary tissues.
- Avoid unnecessary antibiotics, so when you must take them they will work better
5 Ways to Prevent Vaginal Infections
- Use condoms
- Get tested for STIs (sometimes they cause vaginitis)
- Avoid shaving close to the vaginal opening
- Avoid douching (can cause vaginal amnesia and may increase the risk of ovarian cancer)
- Get extra sleep
Available for Interviews: Dr. Mimi Secor
Dr. Mimi Secor is a popular National Speaker and Consultant, educating advanced practice clinicians and consumers around the country and the world. She is the author of the book, Debut a New You: Transforming Your Life at Any Age.
PR Managing Editor
Success In Media, Inc.