Available for Interviews: Dr. Kelly Waltman
Kelly Waltman, PhD, is the Founder and CEO of SLR Leadership Consultion, LLC. She is also the author of Elevate Connection: Cutivate and Engaged, Inspired, Productive and Profitable Team Culture.
What Dr. Kelly Waltman can say in an interview
on Performance Reviews:
- In any relationship you have, whether it’s personal or professional, the quality and depth of that relationship are directly tied to the quality and depth of communication.
- There is true power in communication. A single conversation can build us up and have us feeling like we can take on the world or diminish us to the point of questioning everything.
- When we routinely communicate with someone, we feel closer to them. If that routine communication is positive and healthy, we feel trust and connection. If that routine communication is negative or toxic, we become distrustful and may even start to avoid contact.
- When someone fails to communicate with us we tend to either forget about them or resent them. We may question why we are being ignored and insecurities may flourish, or we may just not think about them at all.
- From your direct reports to your customers, the quality of that relationship is tethered to the quality of communication. How frequently are you connecting—genuinely and authentically connecting? Do you connect when things are going well or only when something goes wrong, or you need something? Do you demonstrate intentional effort and keep the communication a priority?
- Take stock of your relationships and honestly reflect on the quality of communication you put forth and identify any areas/relationships where you could do a little bit better.
Interview: Dr. Kelly Waltman
Kelly Waltman, PhD, is the Founder and CEO of SLR Leadership Consultion, LLC. She is also the author of Elevate Connection: Cutivate and Engaged, Inspired, Productive and Profitable Team Culture. Located in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, SLR Leadership Consulting offers individual- and team-based coaching and professional development services with an emphasis on workplace culture, communication, and getting comfortable with feedback.
With over twenty years of experience developing and delivering curricula, Dr. Waltman has a passion for helping individuals learn and grow. From the classroom to the boardroom, she has designed content for groups of all sizes. She also brings over a decade of managerial and leadership experience to her work—holding director-level positions with previous employers, and serving as a board member for local non-profit organizations.
In addition to her work with SLR Leadership Consulting, Dr. Waltman founded She Leads and Reads, a monthly book club, and content curation site focused on personal and professional development books.
Director of Public Relations
Success In Media, Inc.