Available for Interviews: Raphael Velazquez
Raphael Velazquez, NSCA CSCS, is the founder of VELA, and is a certified strength and conditioning specialist, celebrity trainer, and body transformation expert. He is also the author of Core Fitness: Your Best Shape, Looking and Feeling Great.
What Raphael Velazquez can say in an interview on
Women and Strength Training:
- Benefits of strength training. Strength training will increase your bone density, increase your lean muscle mass and define your body compositions.
- You will not become too muscular unless you want to be. There’s a lot of concern about lifting weights and getting too bulky. That won’t be the case because the nutrition and intensity of the training will dictate your size. For the women who are looking to build size with their lifts, it’s because they have specific goals either for an event or just because it’s their prerogative.
- Heavy is decided by your form & experience, not the weight. Lifting heavy does not include lifting a specific weight, or moving tires. They are fun to do and can be progressed to doing so. Ultimately, assessments are essential because you can see where you’re strength is now, and find the appropriate weight needed to improve your strength from where you are.
- Running is great and lifting builds lean muscle. You can run and build muscle. Dedicating days to doing cardio and days to lifting weights is a great way to go about building your great body, feeling great, and being in optimal shape to handle anything. For anyone looking to lose weight, running will burn more calories during the session, weight lifting will create a metabolic effect where you’ll burn calories for the next 24–48 hours—that is if you’re placing an adequate amount of stress on the body to elicit a change.
- Continue to be self-dependent. You won’t need to depend on anyone because activities and tasks will become easier for you to do on your own. You can handle many tasks that may feel strenuous or hard. Whether it be moving boxes around, lugging heavy luggage around, and anything else that is required from you. Becoming stronger is empowering!
Interview: Raphael Velazquez
Raphael Velazquez, NSCA CSCS, is the founder of VELA, and is a certified strength and conditioning specialist, celebrity trainer, and body transformation expert. He has built an unparalleled rapport within the fitness and entertainment industry. With years of experience in sculpting and transforming physiques and minds, Raphael formulates and implements techniques catered to the specific goals and needs of each of his clients. Best known for his work in strength and conditioning, Raphael possesses the expertise and professionalism needed to successfully meet demands and sculpt bodies and minds, while coaching his clients to fully embody their best lives. Raphael’s style is evident in the results you see in his clients, his physique is equally important. Recently featured in the Equinox “Impossible Happens” campaign, Miami Swim Week, New York Fashion Week, and Good Morning America with Brooke Burke.
Raphael also has a B.S. in exercise physiology, and in addition to training celebrities, entrepreneurs, and everyday people, he is a motivational speaker, a passionate advocate for the youth being a member of Mastermind Connect, and is devoted to serving others along their journey.
Raphael comes from a Dominican household. As a first-generation American, Raphael looks to be an example to inspire other first-generation Americans to go for their dreams and make them a reality based on one’s circumstances, resources, resiliency, creativity & grit.
Director of Public Relations
Success In Media, Inc.