Available for Interviews: Nadine Levitt
Nadine Levitt is an education advocate, speaker, and the CEO & Founder of WURRLYedu, an educational technology platform. Nadine specializes in the social-emotional curriculum (SEL), and she is also the author of the children’s book, My Mama Says Inside Me Lives a Village.
What Nadine Levitt can say
The Teacher Retention Crisis:
- The National Education Association (NEA) survey released in January 2022, showed that 55% of educators are thinking about leaving the profession earlier than they had planned (up from 37% in August 2021). EdWeek reported similar numbers with 54% of teachers saying they are “somewhat likely” or “very likely” to leave the teaching profession in the next year.
- If even half of those numbers prove to be accurate it will absolutely cripple our public education system.
- There is a myriad of reasons why teachers are leaving the profession, including high stress, not feeling valued, lack of support, low pay, and often safety.
- This is clearly a complex issue, with many interdependent causal relationships, and perhaps that is why there is such clear inaction by so many! It’s such a big problem, how can we solve it?
- In a corporate setting, if morale is low and therefore productivity declines, often HR teams will bring in motivational speakers to shift mindsets, utilize team-building exercises to foster connection, and show how they value their staff with gifts, experiences, or raising pay.
- Recently we launched a pilot program for educators that mimicked this experience to some degree, called PD Reimagined. With the help of Nickelodeon and WURRLYedu as the major sponsors for the pilot, we have seen dramatic evidence that a little can go a long way. Each month teachers get to explore different themes of self-care, starting with a care package delivered to their doorstep, then building to a monthly virtual summit with motivational speakers and thought leaders in the world of sports, media, entertainment, and business. Lastly, teachers are encouraged to reflect on how they can turn this into action for themselves, with the aim of refueling and inspiring them.
*It is free for educators to participate, so please help us spread awareness to teachers and school leaders that PD Reimagined is available for them!
Interview: Nadine Levitt
Nadine Levitt is a Swiss-born, German, Kiwi, American thought leader, speaker, and author who is passionate about education, especially focusing on child emotional wellness, social and emotional skill development using the Arts, and EdTech.
In 2015 she founded the technology company WURRLY, which also makes WURRLYedu—a leading music education solution being used in schools across 22 states. Nadine has authored two children´s books for social and emotional learning (Inside Me Lives a Village and Inside Me Lives a Superhero), initially developed as a tool to use with her own kids, to help them develop positive self-awareness, self-regulation skills, confidence, empathy, creativity, and self-expression. This quickly grew into a school program, with the development of a supporting curriculum and classroom resources, and toys and other children’s products that foster a healthy relationship with emotions.
As an education thought leader, Nadine Levitt gives keynote speeches around the world on the subjects of music education, social and emotional learning, and technology in classrooms.
Director of Public Relations
Success In Media, Inc.