Ways to Get That Next Big Promotion
Dr. Diane Hamilton, author of “It’s Not You… It’s Your Personality: Skills to Survive and Thrive in the Modern Workplace” and “How to Reinvent Your Career: Make More Money Doing What You Love.”
What Dr. Hamilton can say in an interview:
- One of the biggest factors that impact employee and leader success is curiosity.
- Think of the Steve Jobs or Albert Einstein’s of the world. They all have multiple quotes about the importance of curiosity.
- Steve Jobs developed fonts because he was curious enough to take a calligraphy course.
- Einstein has often said that if he found the needle in the haystack, he would continue to look for more needles.
- Companies value innovation, engagement, and productivity.
- To become that next powerful leader like Bill Gates and others, it is important to embrace curiosity.
- That begins by demonstrating to leaders that you have a desire to do that. Having conversations about the value you can bring to companies is a big start. Explaining that you have a desire for “more” and would like to be able to ask questions and provide solutions is a big step.
Available for Interviews: Dr. Diane Hamilton
Dr. Diane Hamilton has a doctorate in business management. She currently teaches bachelor-, master-, and doctoral-level courses for six online universities. She has written several books including The Online Student’s User Manual, The Young Adult’s Guide to Understanding Personalities and How To Reinvent Your Career.
Success In Media