Interview Dr. Mimi Secor
Dr. Mimi Secor is Nurse Practitioner from the Boston area. She has been specializing in Women’s Health for over 40 years, is a national speaker and consultant, and is an international bestselling author of Debut a New You: Transforming Your Life At Any Age.
Talking Points From Dr. Secor
On Losing Weight:
- Hitting a plateau is often very discouraging for folks working to lose weight. But there are reasons and solutions that must be explored and analyzed.
- Some of these solutions are not intuitive such as increasing calorie intake in order to lose weight. Weight loss may be ineffective if folks aren’t recording their food accurately so the calories and macros (types of calories—Protein, Fat, and Carbs) can be analyzed and adjusted.
- Weight loss may not be happening because invisible calories are not being calculated, such as the milk, cream, or sugar in coffee or tea, sauces, and dressings.
- Excessive stress and inadequate sleep can impede weight loss progress.
- Protein-focused eating plans (Keto) can help many women break through weight-loss plateaus, however, there are many myths and much confusion about “Keto” plans.
- Addressing mindset is critical to short and long-term weight loss success.
- Addictions to food are often reasons for weight loss woes, either plateaus or gains.
- A person cannot out-exercise an unhealthy diet.
Available for Interviews: Dr. Mimi Secor.
Dr. Mimi Secor, DNP, FNP-BC, FAANP, FAAN, is a Nurse Practitioner, Educator, Health/Fitness Advocate. She is also a popular National Speaker and Consultant, educating advanced practice clinicians and consumers around the country and the world. She is the author of the #1 International bestselling book, Debut a New You: Transforming Your Life at Any Age.
PR Managing Editor
Success In Media, Inc.