Available for Interviews: Dr. Eldred Taylor
Here are some short bullets from Dr. Taylor to give you a sense of what he could say on this story:
- Getting the full picture of what’s going on hormonally in the body helps to get on the right path to mental wellbeing.
- These symptoms mimic bipolar disorder. Many times people are told they are dealing with bipolar but are never tested for hormone issues. This is a big problem because it can absolutely be a hormone issue.
- My wife is a psychiatrist and realized that often it was realized along the way that hormones were often the culprit. This is not what psychiatrists are taught. This is what put us both on the path for helping people take control of their hormones.
- Lifestyle modifications is something you can handle. It’s certainly a better option than drugs from “big pharma” companies or opioids. There are supplements that can help as well. You just need to see if it is in fact hormones. . .
- Get tested. Even if you are in one of the big life stages like menopause or puberty, it must be a saliva test (blood testing doesn’t tell you anything.) Being an OB/GYN, that was always a puzzle to me that we didn’t test the hormones and we’d give women birth control to help with their hormones. We can do better now.
Instability of hormones causes an instability in moods.
Estrogen increases serotonin elevates mood.
Progesterone increases GABA. GABA is decreases anxiety and promotes calm.
These hormones need to be in balance to create a balanced mood.
Dr. Eldred Taylor, MD, is an expert in functional and anti-aging medicine and is President of the American Functional Medicine Association, a nonprofit which educates healthcare providers and the public on functional (wellness) medicine. He is the co-author of Are Your Hormones Making You Sick? and The Stress Connection. Dr. Taylor is also a sought-after radio and television personality who has been featured in local and national publications.
Director of Public Relations
Success In Media, Inc.