Carol Barkes, CPM, MBA, is a conflict resolution expert, mediator, national speaker, educator and bestselling author who uniquely applies neuroscience to the fields of conflict resolution and negotiations. Her expert perspective is always fresh and relevant.
about Power and Politics:
- Initially, during times of economic downturn, it is very easy to have a person rise up to be the voice of those not in power. This person can create a tremendous movement.
- Bullies typically only have shallow support rather than deep belief in their cause. People follow them because they are afraid to do otherwise.
- There is always a tipping point and the tipping point is often wonderful. We see it in movies when the bullies get taken down by the nerd who finally stands up. And once the nerd stands up, there is tremendous support from all others who were oppressed.
- There is also a line that cannot be crossed and when that line is crossed, it can create an equal and opposite revolt against the injustice. This is what happened following the Capital insurrection.
- There are always people waiting in the wings to be able to have the moment to do the right thing. The unfortunate and scary things that happened in the Capital created the momentum for a wake-up call. Unfortunate and a blessing at the same time.
Interviews: Carol Barkes
Carol Barkes, CPM, MBA, is a trend-setting mediator, business executive and educator specializing in the use of neuroscience to improve business performance, interpersonal communications, negotiation and conflict resolution processes for optimally successful results. She is also a speaker, educator, and author of the bestselling book: Success Breakthroughs: Leading Entrepreneurs and Professionals Reveal Their Secrets for Breaking Through to Success.
Director of Public Relations
Success In Media, Inc.