Available for Interviews: Dr. Karyn Eilber
Karyn Eilber, MD, is a board-certified urologist, an associate professor of urology & OB/GYN at Cedars-Sinai Hospital in Los Angeles, and is an expert in women’s health and men & women’s sexual wellness.
What Dr. Eilber Can Say about
Women Navigating Their Health:
- Unlike men, women have several transitions throughout their lifetime involving major physical and hormonal changes.
- Except for a health class in junior high, most women do not have any additional education other than that from friends, etc. when it comes to sexuality, pregnancy, perimenopause, and menopause.
- Women need easily accessible, reliable sources of information regarding their health.
- Until discussions regarding women’s overall health, including reproductive and sexual health, are normalized women will continue to lack adequate and accurate information regarding these topics.
- Understanding life’s transitions can make moving through these phases less stressful and anxiety-provoking.
- Women enter different phases during their lifetime with sometimes minimal knowledge. Accurate and reliable information should be readily available for women.
Interview: Dr. Karyn Eilber
Karyn Eilber, MD, is a board-certified urologist with sub-specialty board certification in Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery and has over 20 years of experience taking care of women’s most intimate needs. She is an Associate Professor of Urology and Obstetrics & Gynecology at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center and is the Associate Program Director for the Cedars-Sinai Urology Residency Training Program. Prior to joining Cedars-Sinai, Dr. Eilber served at the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center’s Urology Department, where she gained extensive experience in pelvic reconstruction following cancer treatment.
Dr. Eilber’s research focus has been in the field of urogynecology, and she has published multiple peer-reviewed manuscripts and book chapters. In addition to being a member and past president of the Los Angeles Urologic Society, Dr. Eilber is a member of the American Urological Association, the Society of Urodynamics, Female Pelvic Medicine & Urogenital reconstruction, the American Urogynecologic Society, and the Society of Women in Urology. She is also a Founding Medical Partner of Doctorpedia.
Dr. Eilber earned her bachelor’s degree in Biomedical Sciences from the University of California, Riverside, which was an accelerated 3-year premedical program that allowed her to matriculate into the University of California, Los Angeles School of Medicine (UCLA). She completed a general surgery internship, urology residency, and female pelvic medicine fellowship at UCLA.
Director of Public Relations
Success In Media, Inc.