Available for Interviews: Harry Abrahamsen
Harry J. Abrahamsen is Founder & CEO Abrahamsen Financial Group. His company offers customized wealth management solutions—creating plans and portfolios that protect, preserve, and grow clients’ wealth. He was selected as one of the ten most dependable Wealth Managers in the Mid-Atlantic as published in Forbes magazine.
What Harry Abramhamsen can say in an interview on
Preparing for Retirement:
1. Have a game plan in place. Where do you want to live? Do you want to move and downsize? Do you have grandchildren you want to be close to?
2. Have a written retirement plan. It is essential for a person to have a written retirement income plan, not just an investment plan. Most people have money saved up, but they lack an actual written plan to determine where and what their retirement income will look like.
3. Understand health benefits. Medicare kicks in at 65, so if you are considering early retirement you need to understand the cost to maintain health benefits to age 65. This is a big cause for concern. You don’t want to have a gap in coverage and risk your future.
4. Review social security options. What is the age you want to start to collect Social Security? There are many different ways to take social security income. It is important to review your options to determine what is best for you and your family.
5. Roth IRA conversions should be considered. Tax laws are constantly changing and the rules around Roth conversions are in the crosshairs of the lawmakers. If you want to be proactive, review your options before the end of 2021.
6. Required minimum distributions should be calculated. Planning ahead is smart planning. The RMD’s are forced income and forced tax. Make sure you are looking ahead so when the age of 72 shows up there are no surprises. Tax intelligence is important.
7. Proper income tax planning is important. View current tax returns and run various income scenarios to determine optimal income.
Interview: Harry Abrahamsen
Harry J. Abrahamsen is Founder & CEO Abrahamsen Financial Group. He has been quoted in numerous national publications, such as Forbes, On Wall Street, Financial Planning, Bottom Line Personal, Smart Money, and cited in the Encyclopedia Britannica. An independent research firm has selected Harry James Abrahamsen as “The 10 Most Dependable Wealth Managers in the Mid-Atlantic” published in the Forbes December 2007 issue Investment Guide. Harry Abrahamsen has five children and resides in New Jersey.
Director of Public Relations
Success In Media, Inc.