Available for Interviews: Dr. Mimi Secor
Dr. Mimi is a fitness and health advocate who is passionate about helping women to lose weight and feel great, and is the author of Healthy & Fit at Any Age: A Guide to Creating nutrition, exercise, and mindset habits for busy women!
What Dr. Mimi Secor Can Say in an Interview
About How to Incorporate More Exercise Into Daily Life:
Make exercise a daily routine. Remember: the habit of exercising is more important than the intensity of the activity. Healthy choices add up to a lifetime of good health and wellness! Here are 10 simple traditional routines that you adjust to add more exercise into your everyday personal and work schedule:
- Don’t just save the stepper for the gym! Take the stairs at work (and anytime you have the option to take the stairs versus an elevator).
2. Walk as much as possible to do your errands. Park farther away from stores and walk. Bonus: You’ll get to be outside in the fresh air more.
3. Instead of shopping online, shop at physical stores in your area. You’d be surprised how those steps add up when you take to the streets instead of your computer while shopping.
4. Walk your dog, or walk with a friend before, during lunch, or after work. Making walking a routine in your everyday life will really have a positive effect on your life.
5. Exercise while you watch TV or read at home. Put those chips down! Mindless exercise is better than watching TV mindlessly.
6. Short “bouts” of exercise add up by contributing to the overall total tally of daily exercise. (New studies now support exercise even in less than 10 min bouts).
7. Schedule times to exercise. Use a calendar or smartphone that can help remind you to incorporate your fitness goals into your daily life.
8. Track your exercise. Because most people are competitive, tracking your exercise can provide motivation to exercise even more. Fitbits and technology like it can make walking more enjoyable.
9. Meet with a friend for a walk rather than share a meal. Why do we surround ourselves with people and food all the time? Be more creative and instead, choose an activity that you both like and do it together.
10. Hold walking meetings at work or even with loved ones to discuss matters that you would otherwise have while sitting.
Remember to choose an exercise you enjoy. While many people find walking easy and enjoyable, you may wish to incorporate other forms of exercise in your life, like dancing, playing tennis, yoga, pilates, etc. When we choose activities that we like, exercise doesn’t feel like work. It feels like play!
Interview: Dr. Mimi Secor
Dr. Mimi Secor, DNP, FNP-BC, FAANP, FAAN, is a Nurse Practitioner, Educator, Health & Fitness Advocate specializing in Women’s Health for over 40 years. She is a sought-after national speaker and consultant who has been featured in numerous local and national media outlets and is still actively educating advanced practice clinicians and consumers around the country and the world. She is the author of the #1 International bestselling book, Debut a New You: Transforming Your Life at Any Age, and the newest title: Healthy & Fit at Any Age: A Guide to Creating nutrition, exercise, and mindset habits for busy women! is now available.
Director of Public Relations
Success In Media, Inc.