Available for Interviews: Nadine Levitt
Nadine Levitt is an education advocate, speaker, and the CEO & Founder of WURRLYedu, an educational technology platform. Nadine specializes in the social-emotional curriculum (SEL), and she is also the author of the children’s book, My Mama Says Inside Me Lives a Village. New for 2022, Levitt has launched a new professional development resource for teachers called PD Reimagined.
What Nadine Levitt can say in an interview about
A New Professional Development Resource:
- Teachers are exhausted and feeling overwhelmed. The added pressures that Covid brought only exacerbated the reality that most teachers are stressed, feel unsupported, and under-appreciated (2021 State of the U.S. Teacher Survey published by RAND).
- If the goal of schools is to inspire kids to be lifelong learners then we have to start by inspiring teachers!
- We know that kids cannot succeed unless they believe that they can and will succeed, and neither can teachers! But no one can tap into inspiration when they are pouring from an empty cup.
- We are stuck in a vicious cycle that is destroying our education system: It is indisputable that teachers’ outlook (including their wellness, mental health, and job satisfaction) affects student outcomes. And so as academic performance declines, a blame game begins—with parents and media and school leaders blaming the teachers for not doing a good job, and this only further declines their job satisfaction, stress, and outlook, and so forth.
- Unsurprisingly, more teachers than ever are considering leaving the profession. (54% of teachers said they were somewhat likely or “very likely” to leave the teaching profession, according to EdWeek Research Center who surveyed approximately 700 teachers and 300 school leaders online in March 2021).
- PD Reimagined is an exciting new professional membership for educators, designed to celebrate and inspire educators! It combines subscription boxes, exclusive intimate retreats with world-class thought leaders, and peer groups for reflection, planning, and support.
It is free to participate, so if you know of a teacher please share this with them! They can sign up at www.pdreimagined.com.
Interview: Nadine Levitt
Nadine Levitt is a Swiss-born, German, Kiwi, and American thought leader, speaker, and author who is passionate about education, especially focusing on child emotional wellness, and social and emotional skill development using the Arts, and EdTech.
In 2015 she founded the technology company WURRLY, which also makes WURRLYedu—a leading music education solution being used in schools across 22 states. Nadine has authored two children´s books for social and emotional learning (Inside Me Lives a Village and Inside Me Lives a Superhero), initially developed as a tool to use with her own kids, to help them develop positive self-awareness, self-regulation skills, confidence, empathy, creativity, and self-expression. This quickly grew into a school program, with the development of a supporting curriculum and classroom resources, and toys and other children’s products that foster a healthy relationship with emotions.
In 2022, Levitt launched PD Reimagined, an exciting new professional membership for educators, designed to celebrate and inspire educators! It combines subscription boxes, exclusive intimate retreats with world-class thought leaders, and peer groups for reflection, planning, and support.
As an education thought leader, Nadine Levitt gives keynote speeches around the world on the subjects of music education, social and emotional learning, and technology in classrooms.
Director of Public Relations
Success In Media, Inc.