Available for Interviews: Dr. Cleamon Moorer, Jr.
Cleamon Moorer, Jr., DBA, is President and CEO, American Advantage Home Care, Inc. His home healthcare agency has served thousands of patients all throughout Metro Detroit. He is also the bestselling author of From Failure to Promise: 360 Degrees. Dr. Moorer has also created a new podcast/webcast, The Home Health Care Today Show which was designed to inform and build awareness of issues related to home health care.
What Dr. Moorer can say in an interview about
Discussing Caregiving Responsibilities:
As an employer in the healthcare industry and a seasoned, Organizational Behavior Consultant. I understand the difficulty that many employees may have juggling workplace and caregiver-related responsibilities. COVID-19 coupled with the fears and anxieties of institutional living (i.e. nursing homes) or an aging parent living alone has placed more emphasis on “home” and aging at home as a more feasible option for families.
A key family member in the ecosystem of home-based care is oftentimes a key employee on an organizational team, business unit, or department. I recommend a few approaches and encourage our team of employees and contractors to apply these tactics and or approaches to this very timely and important topic of striking the right balance between flexibility, accommodations, and workplace commitments and obligations:
- Revisit the organization’s employee handbook’s policies on flex-time, telecommuting, and hybrid work schedules (office & home arrangements).
- Focus on the organization’s core values and leverage them in your conversations about family, work-life balance, etc.
- Keep a running dialogue and/or journal status sheet that provides details of all of your progress and contributions to and or projects. Incorporate personal goals regarding family and balance into your performance evaluations/self-appraisals.
- Keep your supervisor abreast of developments early in advance that may impact your ability to meet deadlines and or impact your attendance/performance.
- Effectively and efficiently use PTO (paid time off) and (vacation/sick leave/personal days) to help to meet the obligations of taking aging parents to appointments and/or follow-up visits.
- Discuss the timeline and or commitment levels of other siblings, caregivers, friends, and neighbors so that it does not appear that YOU are the sole caregiver and the amount of care or care demand will interfere with your ability to perform.
- Start a peer circle/support group for colleagues and employees who also are caregivers.
- Enable monitoring, tracking, fall-detection, and telehealth visits for aging parents and describe how these interventions enable you to be more responsive while being in the moment at work and while away from work.
Interview: Dr. Cleamon Moorer, Jr.
Dr. Cleamon Moorer, Jr., holds a Doctorate of Business Administration and a post-grad Certificate in Excellence for Healthcare Professionals from Cornell University. He is President and CEO of American Advantage Home Care, Inc., which he and his spouse, Nicole C. Willis-Moorer, own and operate. Their agency has grown by 1000% over the last 18 months and provides home healthcare services to homebound patients in Detroit and beyond.
Dr. Moorer is a TEDx Speaker and has been recognized and featured locally and nationally as a healthcare business leader, former business school dean, entrepreneur, and community advocate on ABC, FOX, NBC, Black Enterprise Magazine, Crain’s Detroit Business, DBusiness Magazine, Michigan Chronicle, and Network Journal (NYC).
Dr. Moorer hosts a biweekly podcast, Home Health Care Today Show, in an effort to inform, inspire, influence, and educate listeners about a variety of health and wellness topics. The Home Health Care Today Show, sponsored by American Advantage Home Care, was launched in February 2021 by Moorer. It is one of many ways he works to make a positive impact in the lives of Michiganders, especially for those underserved by the health care system. It also supports his vision for American Advantage Home Care as a connector of resources for those it serves. The podcast/webcast is accessible on the show’s website, www.HomeHealthCareToday.Show, with links to the Spotify, Apple podcast, and YouTube formats. A summary of each episode is posted on the show’s LinkedIn page, https://bit.ly/HomeHealthCareToday-L.
Dr. Moorer bestselling author of From Failure to Promise: 360 Degrees, a memoir in which he chronicled his journey from college flunk-out—to engineer, consultant, business school dean, educator, philanthropist, and entrepreneur.
Director of Public Relations
Success in Media, Inc.