Available for Interviews: Mat Jacobson
Mat Jacobson is the Founder & CEO of the Ducere Global Business School, and as a thought leader on innovation within education, is creating some of the industry’s most innovative educational platforms and projects. He is a regular media contributor on topics of business, innovation, and entrepreneurship, and has appeared in articles including Wealth Creator, Marketing Magazine, Business First, Smart Magazine, Start-Up Smart, and Business Builders.
What Mat Jacobson can say in an interview on
The Latest Study in Higher Education:
- We are all too familiar with the college cost crisis. Average 4-year degrees (that actually take 5.5 years) cost $120,000 or to put it another way, are 1000% higher than the world’s leading higher education system, the UK.
- Less commonly talked about is the deliberate vagueness universities utilize to mask or confuse the true costs. When buying an iPhone the cost is say $799, pretty simple right. Imagine if Apple instead said the purchase price of an iPhone is:
a) $12 per semiconductor component
b) $8 per non-technical hardware system
c) $14 per assembly part
d) Additional setup and installation fees may apply
The consumer needs a Ph.D. to find all the different elements and literally hours to figure out the true price. This would never happen, right? Wrong!
- This is exactly how universities work, quoting credit hours, and various add-on costs that are very hard to get to the bottom of.
- This system of hiding prices is a short-term, ill-conceived strategy because eventually, the true costs appear, and as a result, we are left with is 37 million students who have dropped out of college because they did not get what they were sold.
- Universities should be required to (and ethically should anyway) disclose total degree tuition costs, simple. Not per credit, not per term, not per year. If Ducere can do it with accredited degrees across 4 continents, there is no reason every university cant do the same.
Link to New Study:
Interview: Mat Jacobson
Mat Jacobson is the Founder of the Ducere Global Business School, which has been recognized by the State of California, the US Congress as well as numerous global awards for transforming access to higher education. He is a global leader in disrupting the education sector and has founded three education startups (The prior two were ultimately sold to publicly listed companies.).
As the founder of Ducere, Jacobson, together with hundreds of world leaders ranging from Presidents to heads of the UN and CIA and global companies, are transforming education to overcome systemic barriers to be relevant, applied, affordable, and accessible.
Jacobson is also a keynote speaker and has given talks on education innovation from Harvard University to European governments.
Director of Public Relations
Success In Media, Inc.