Available for Interviews: Dr. Franchell Hamilton
Dr. Franchell Hamilton, MD, FACS, FASMBS, FOMA is the Founder of NeuroSwitch™ Weigh Loss–a place for people to receive treatments ranging from bariatric surgery and medical weight loss to hormone therapy. Dr. Hamiltion is also the author of two books, Transformation Is a Mindset: The Journey to Changing Your Input and Your World and And the Best Diet Is . . . .
What Dr. Hamilton could say on
How Emotions Play a Role in :
- Could have been triggered in infancy—when you cried did your caregiver just stick a bottle in your mouth or give you snacks when you were upset? If this was done in infancy or childhood, this could lead to external regulation as an adult.
- Has roots in neural pathways in the brain—the “reward centers” in the brain can connect food to a positive emotion and then the body wants to repeat that emotion because of the connection the brain made.
- Emotional eating can lead to obesity and is often related to depression, anxiety, or trauma.
- Emotional eating can be treated by recognizing and addressing the emotion being felt.
- Treating the emotion with healthier options that still can release dopamine, such as exercise, reading, walking in nature, etc… so the brain can make new healthier pathways!
Interview: Dr. Franchell Hamilton
Dr. Hamilton is a Triads Award-Winning, Board Certified Surgeon, who gave up operating on the stomach to operating on the mind to treat chronic conditions such as obesity and diabetes. She is the author of two books, Transformation is a mindset: The Journey to Changing Your Input and Your World and And the Best Diet Is . . . , and now educates other providers around the world on what she discovered in her practice through her master class.
Dr. Hamilton is passionate about helping to change the lives of those she meets through practicing medicine and consulting. As a once practicing bariatric surgeon, Dr. Hamilton has firsthand experience addressing the challenges and pain points of patients being treated for cardiometabolic diseases. She founded NeuroSwitch™ Weigh Loss—a place for her patients to receive treatments ranging from bariatric surgery and medical weight loss to hormone therapy.
Dr. Hamilton is a podcast host on Your Health Transformed that discusses a variety of popular and innovative health topics to challenge our current way of thinking about medicine.
Director of Public Relations
Success In Media, Inc.