Available for Interviews: Nadine Levitt
Nadine Levitt is an education advocate, speaker, and the CEO & Founder of WURRLYedu, an educational technology platform. Nadine specializes in the social-emotional curriculum (SEL), and she is also the author of the children’s book, My Mama Says Inside Me Lives a Village.
What Nadine Levitt can say about Mental Health:
As we enter the autumn season, it’s the perfect time to sit back and reflect on the role of emotions in the mental health crisis:
- When we speak about mental health, we are talking about our emotional, psychological, and social well-being. So nourishing our mental health is crucial, since it affects every aspect of our life:
– how we think, feel, and act
– how we build and maintain relationships
– it can even affect our physical health
- Experts have for a long time identified contributing factors like our biology, brain chemistry, our life experiences like trauma we may have suffered. But what we don’t often talk about is the role emotions play.
- When we are able to process our emotions, they serve a purpose, but when they don´t get processed properly they can create harmful “side effects” that are either physicalized evidence of the emotion, or a link to another emotion, that causes an imbalance.
- Having a strong emotional toolkit becomes really important—it´s a foundational skill that should be taught with the same importance as reading, writing, and math.
- Post pandemic, we are facing a huge mental health crisis, so let’s use World Mental Health Day as an opportunity to teach these three simple rituals that can positively change the way you deal with your emotions:
- Honoring your emotions with breath (can extend to yoga)
- Storytime to start conversations about emotions
- Starting the day with a mindful minute—asking yourself what emotions you are feeling right now, and acknowledging it.
Interview: Nadine Levitt
Nadine Levitt is a Swiss-born, German, Kiwi, American thought leader, speaker, and author who is passionate about education, especially focusing on child emotional wellness, social and emotional skill development using the Arts, and EdTech.
In 2015 she founded the technology company WURRLY, which also makes WURRLYedu—a leading music education solution being used in schools across 22 states. Nadine has authored two children´s books for social and emotional learning (Inside Me Lives a Village and Inside Me Lives a Superhero), initially developed as a tool to use with her own kids, to help them develop positive self-awareness, self-regulation skills, confidence, empathy, creativity, and self-expression. This quickly grew into a school program, with the development of a supporting curriculum and classroom resources, and toys and other children’s products that foster a healthy relationship with emotions.
As an education thought leader, Nadine Levitt gives keynote speeches around the world on the subjects of music education, social and emotional learning, and technology in classrooms.
Director of Public Relations
Success In Media, Inc.