Interview: Dr. Mimi Secor.
Dr. Mimi Secor is Nurse Practitioner from the Boston area. She has been specializing in Women’s Health for over 40 years now, is a national speaker and consultant, and is an international bestselling author of Debut a New You: Transforming Your Life At Any Age.
What Dr. Mimi Secor Can Say in an Interview
About Self-Care During the Pandemic:
- For many, the silver lining (and for some the curse) in this pandemic is having extra time for self-reflection.
- Despite many of my speaking events being cancelled I’ve been very busy teaching online. Yes, Zoom is my friend. But even as busy as I have been, I’ve found myself with more time than usual on my hands.
- Over the past few months I’ve found myself thinking about my life, reflecting on my experiences (personal and professional), highlights, low points, accomplishments, failures, reexamining my priorities, thinking about how I want to spend my time, who I want to spend my time with, and what my life means. And in the midst of all this, I’ve been able to stay on course and continue to live a healthy life. You may be asking, how is that possible?
- Contrary to popular myth, you do not have to crash and burn from the extreme stress effects of these scary and uncertain times. It is possible to manage your pandemic stress effectively. It is possible to shed those pandemic pounds and to even get healthy and fit. Despite the continued stress of not knowing what will happen with the pandemic, it is still possible to get back on track and live a healthy life. Let me explain how you can start turning your life around and how you can learn to practice pandemic self-care even in these tumultuous times.
- Pandemic self-care incorporates the 8 pillars of health. These are the essential priorities you must address in order to reduce your stress, lose weight, feel better about yourself and get healthy and fit. If you can remember the word, PANDEMIC, you will be able to remember the eight pillars of health.
PANDEMIC SELF CARE
The 8 Pillars of Health
(Can expand on in an interview)
P = Plan
A = Accountability
N = Nighttime
D = Diet
E = Exercise
M = Mindset
I = Intimacy
C = Cortisol
I am passionate about helping women become healthy and fit. If you are feeling unhealthy, want to lose weight, or are frustrated that nothing ever works (long term), or you just don’t know where to start, my daughter and I can help you. We are Coach Kat and Dr Mimi and we are passionate about helping women become healthy and fit and offer a variety of online programs/services/products. Check out www.CoachKatandDrMimi.com
Available for Interviews: Dr. Mimi Secor
Dr. Mimi Secor is a popular National Speaker and Consultant, educating advanced practice clinicians and consumers around the country and the world. She is the author of the book, Debut a New You: Transforming Your Life at Any Age.
Director of Public Relations
Success In Media, Inc.