Available for Interviews: Dr. Mimi Secor.
Dr. Mimi is a fitness and health advocate who is passionate about helping women to lose weight and feel great, and is the author of Healthy & Fit at Any Age: A Guide to Creating nutrition, exercise, and mindset habits for busy women!
Talking Points from Dr. Mimi Secor
on the Lifestyle Effects on Depression:
- Multiple research studies support lifestyle changes’ benefits in managing depression and anxiety disorders.
- Effective lifestyle interventions include physical exercise, quality nutrition, improved sleep, and meditation.
- Researchers have also found that exercise can be effectively combined with antidepressants to manage depression.
- Neurobiological effects of exercise on depression and anxiety have also been elucidated in recent research.
- More integrative approaches are being used in the treatment of depression and anxiety with very promising results.
Interview: Dr. Mimi Secor
Dr. Mimi Secor, DNP, FNP-BC, FAANP, FAAN, is a Nurse Practitioner, Educator, and Health & Fitness Advocate specializing in Women’s Health for over 40 years. She is a sought-after national speaker and consultant who has been featured in numerous local and national media outlets and is still actively educating advanced practice clinicians and consumers worldwide. She is the author of the #1 International bestselling book, Debut a New You: Transforming Your Life at Any Age, and the newest title: Healthy & Fit at Any Age: A Guide to Creating nutrition, exercise, and mindset habits for busy women! is now available.
PR Managing Editor
Success In Media, Inc.