Available for Interviews: Dr. Michael Evangel
Dr. Michael S. Evangel, Chiropractic Physician, is the owner of the Chiropractic Wellness Center in Ramsey, NJ. For over 30 years, his mission is to provide state of the art, high-quality care to people of all ages.
Talking Points from Dr. Michael Evangel on
How Medical Business Can Survive and Rise Above the Calamity:
COVID-19 has severely impacted many businesses, as well as professions. The keys to survive in this environment are to evolve, adapt, and reinvent a business to the current needs of the public.
For example, Chiropractors, like all medical professionals, are providing an essential healthcare service and can remain open in most states during this shutdown. Many people however are apprehensive to go to any healthcare visits that are less than an emergency. This can result in healthcare issues developing into more serious conditions.
Business Strategies that enable you
to continue helping your patients
- Telemedicine – Many view chiropractic as hands on, but there are a lot of telemedicine services that we can provide remotely for the patients who are reluctant to come into the office at this time. Telemedicine can also be used as an adjunct to office visits, to further improve patient outcomes. Chiropractic telemedicine can provide guidance pertaining to ergonomics, stress reduction, bolstering immunity, sleep, in-home rehab, exercise and conditioning, diet and nutrition, supplements as well as strategies to avoid COVID-19 infections.
- Nutritional Supplements – As long as your state’s scope of practice allows you to do so, there are many nutritional supplements that you can recommend and provide that can boost immunity. Many of these supplements may be difficult to purchase at this time, but if you can obtain a supply to provide for your patients, they may be very appreciative. It is important to stress to patients that these supplements can improve levels of immunity, but there are no guarantees in life. Recent studies indicate a strong correlation between higher vitamin D levels and less incidence and severity of COVID-19. Zinc also has the potential to significantly slow viral replication by reducing RNA replicase activity. Quercetin helps transport zinc more efficiently into cells and acts as a zinc ionophore. Vitamins A and C are also important for improving immunity as is selenium.
- Email Newsletters – People are currently so confused because of misinformation and contradictory information circulating in mainstream media as well as social media. Only four months ago The World Health Organization shared a Chinese study that claimed that human to human transmission cannot occur with COVID-19!
Brief updates can keep your patients up to date and informed about the latest scientific knowledge pertaining to COVID-19 avoidance, transmission, and immune strengthening. Your patients may then share that information with others, which will enhance your branding. Newsletters can also provide information specifically related to stress reduction, exercise, nutrition, supplements, sleep, avoiding exposure to the virus or the importance of a positive attitude.
- Videos – Any of the topics covered in the newsletter can also be presented in a video format.
- Online Classes – You may decide to offer online classes as a public service for free for your patients, as well as their friends and family. You can also open these classes to the public. Efficient announcing platforms are Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and other social media platforms. The classes can be presented through Facebook Live, Zoom, LinkedIn, ezTalks Meetings, GoToMeeting, Adobe Connect, Skype for Business, or Google Hangouts. Some ideas for classes are exercise, nutritional supplements, diet, healthy cooking, stress reduction, positive thinking, helping others and trigger point classes. The ideas are endless!
This is a temporary situation. If you keep in contact with your patients to let them know that you care, they will not forget it. This is for many the most difficult time of their lives. Your help and guidance may be priceless and appreciated more than you could ever imagine. Sound guidance has the potential to save lives.
Not only does all of this serve to better care for your patients, but also affords your practice the opportunity to hit the ground running after the lockdown is over.
Dr. Michael Evangel
Interview: Dr. Michael Evangel
Dr. Michael S. Evangel owner of Chiropractic Wellness Center. His practice specializes in treating a variety of conditions, from clinical nutrition to chronic low back and neck pain, to rehabilitation following an accident or injury. Other focuses include improving your diet, what supplements to take, avoiding toxins, creating a healthier workplace, and increasing the overall quality of your health. Dr. Evangel is a former science teacher with master’s degree in environmental health.
Director of Public Relations
Success In Media, Inc.