Available for Interviews: Dr. Karen Doll
Karen Doll, PsyD, is a licensed psychologist, professional coach, and the author of the forthcoming book, Building Psychological Fitness: How High Performers Achieve With Ease.
What Dr. Doll can say in an interview on
Adapting to the Accelerating Work & Life Pace:
- The state of the workplace now is described as VUCA-volatile, uncertain, complex, and ambiguous.
- We are living in an unstable time of rapid change, uncertainty, confusion, and the reality that much of it we can’t control.
- This makes it challenging to plan, prepare, or anticipate the consequences of our actions; therefore, it generates fear. Humans do not like feeling as though they have control.
- We are experiencing information overload, creating static and noise.
- We have old ways of operating in a new world that is incomplete and insufficient. We are on our heels and we need to upgrade our operating systems.
- A new acronym has been created (Jamais Cascio) to describe changes brought about by COVID-19: BANI.
BANI stands for:
- B = Brittle We are susceptible to catastrophe at any time.
- A = Anxious Anxiety is one of the most present symptoms today.
- N = Nonlinear Events seem disconnected and disproportionate, making long-term planning a challenge.
- I = Incomprehensible Unprecedented times that aren’t making sense.
- The answer: Enhancing our psychological fitness. Focusing on what we CAN control, what is in our sphere of influence, accepting what is, and letting go of resisting what we don’t like.
Interview: Dr. Karen Doll
Karen Doll, PsyD, is a Licensed Psychologist, Consultant, and author of Building Psychological Fitness (forthcoming November, 2021). She has spent nearly 25 years partnering with industry-leading organizations and coaching high-achieving professionals; she is motivated by a desire to help people thrive, enhance well-being, and optimize leadership skills at every phase, from burgeoning new entrants to accomplished senior leaders. Throughout her career, she has remained committed to mental health awareness and advocacy.
Director of Public Relations
Success In Media, Inc.