What is estrogen and what role does it play in the body? Why should you be concerned about it getting too low?
Habits that can help lower your estrogen include:
- Eat hormone-free meats. Estrogen in cows and chickens increase weight of the animals.
- Avoid cow milk. Cow’s milk contains hormones that can affect the body’s delicate hormonal balance.
- Lower stress. Stress decreases the binding protein that neutralizes estrogen.
- Maintain a good weight. Fat tissue produces a type of estrogen.
- Eat cruciferous vegetables. Broccoli, Brussels sprouts cauliflower, etc. This helps metabolize excess estrogen.
- Eat fiber. This binds estrogen and eliminates it in the bowel. Fiber also increases estrogen binding protein.
- Exercise. Exercise helps maintain weight and decreases stress.
Habits that can help regulate or boost estrogen:
The key is to regulate estrogen with the hormone progesterone. The only way to safely boost estrogen is with a prescription. Estrogen is everywhere. It is much more important to not be over-exposed to estrogen and to make sure there is enough progesterone around to balance the estrogen.
Available for Interviews: Dr. Eldred Taylor
Dr. Eldred Taylor is the co-author of Are Your Hormones Making You Sick?and The Stress Connection, and also a sought-after radio and television personality who has been featured in local and national publications.
PR Managing Editor
Success In Media, Inc.