Available for Interviews: Dr. Mimi Secor
Dr. Mimi Secor is a fitness and health advocate passionate about helping women lose weight and feel great, and is the author of Healthy & Fit at Any Age: A Guide to Creating nutrition, exercise, and mindset habits for busy women!
What Dr. Mimi can say in an interview on
How to Relax Before Bedtime:
Some old, some new—we can all benefit from incorporating these healthy habits into our often hectic and harried everyday lives. Here are ten tried and true avenues to relaxation after a busy workday:
- Avoid caffeine during your work shift, especially near the end of the shift.
- Exercise earlier in the day. Regular exercise can promote sleep; however, working out too close to bedtime can make it challenging to unwind and fall asleep.
- Eat high-protein, easy-to-digest snacks, like egg whites with cinnamon or a protein smoothie.
- Take a warm bath with scented candles and soft music.
- Listen to relaxing music—put those music subscription services to work!
- Meditate or listen to meditation programs to clear your mind.
- Give and/or receive massages to someone in your household if possible.
- Minimize exposure to bright light from any device one hour before the desired bedtime (including laptops, tablets, and cell phones).
- Try aromatherapy. Lavender is particularly known for relaxing and can promote drowsiness and sleep.
- Not just for kids! Listen or read a bedtime story.😴
Interview: Dr. Mimi Secor
Dr. Mimi Secor, DNP, FNP-BC, FAANP, FAAN, is a Nurse Practitioner, Educator, and Health & Fitness Advocate specializing in Women’s Health for over 40 years. She is a sought-after national speaker and consultant who has been featured in numerous local and national media outlets and is still actively educating advanced practice clinicians and consumers worldwide. She is the author of the #1 International bestselling book, Debut a New You: Transforming Your Life at Any Age, and the newest title: Healthy & Fit at Any Age: A Guide to Creating nutrition, exercise, and mindset habits for busy women! is now available.
Director of Public Relations
Success In Media, Inc.