Interview Dr. Mimi Secor and she can discuss and expand on the following Top 10 tips for relaxation:
- Avoid caffeine during your work shift, especially near the end of the shift.
- Exercise earlier in the day. Regular exercise can promote sleep, however working out too close to bedtime can make it challenging to unwind and fall asleep.
- Eat a high-protein, easy-to-digest snack, like egg whites with cinnamon or a protein smoothie.
- Take a warm bath with scented candles and soft music.
- Listen to relaxing music—put those music subscription services to work!
- Meditate or listen to meditation programs to clear your mind.
- If possible, give and/or receive massages to someone in your household.
- Minimize exposure to bright light from any device one hour before desired bedtime (including laptops, tablets, and cell phones).
- Try aromatherapy. Lavender is particularly known for relaxing and can promote drowsiness and sleep.
- Not just for kids!—listen to a bedtime story.😴
Available for Interviews: Dr. Mimi Secor
Dr. Mimi Secor is a popular National Speaker and Consultant, educating advanced practice clinicians and consumers around the country and the world. She is the author of the book, Debut a New You: Transforming Your Life at Any Age.
Director of Public Relations
Success In Media, Inc.