Available for Interviews: Nell Derick Debevoise
Nell Derick Debevoise is the Founder & CEO of Inspiring Capital and the author of the new book, Going First: Find the Courage to Lead Purposefully and Inspire Action is available on Amazon.
What Nell Derick Debevoise can say in an interview on
The Future of Work Post-Covid:
The Future of Work requires accountability to all people and the planet they impact, in the medium- and long-term. Companies can no longer succeed with a narrow focus on short-term profitability. They must address the concerns and well-being of all stakeholders, from employees to suppliers to customers, as well as community members and investors. Here are some key points for success in business:
- Flexible: We have not seen the end of disruption and rapid change. Employers must remain flexible as to when and where their people work, but also what they do. This requires a culture of learning and abundant support
- Value-driven: Technology is eliminating middlemen. Each company must add real value other than just connecting suppliers to markets if it seeks to remain relevant to customers and survive.
- Values-driven: Customers, as well as employees, and to some extent investors, now shun companies that don’t hold and follow a respectable set of values. They want to buy from, work for, and invest in companies that are aligned with their own values.
- Human: With the advent of machine learning and other advanced technologies, success is driven increasingly by human factors. Anyone will ultimately be able to buy commoditized technology, but the companies that win will have empathetic, collaborative, and creative leaders throughout the entire organization.
- Inclusive: Again, in every stakeholder group, success requires inclusivity. As the world shrinks, and identities multiply, companies must authentically represent their target customers in their employee, supplier, and investor populations.
- Purposeful growth: Finally, the Future of Work does not allow for growth at all costs for stakeholders. The wellbeing of people and the planet must be accounted for, which does not always recommend the fastest growth with the highest profit margins.
The “Future of Work” is already here; it’s just not evenly distributed. Companies that don’t adapt how, when, with whom, and perhaps most importantly WHY they’re doing what they do, will be left behind to die.
Interview: Nell Derick Debevoise
Nell Derick Debevoise is the Founder & CEO of Inspiring Capital and helps purpose-driven leaders expand their impact, grow their businesses, and build legacies—partnering with leaders and companies that are good for the people and the planet around them. Her approach is informed by her experience living and working on 4 continents; studying at Harvard, Cambridge, Columbia, and London Business Schools; and in working with CEOs, and other people-leaders of American Express, Cisco, Google, and hyper-growth startups in the health, consumer, and fintech sectors. She’s a Senior Contributor to Forbes, and her first book, Going First: Find the Courage to Lead Purposefully and Inspire Action is available on Amazon.
Director of Public Relations
Success In Media, Inc.